What food to eat.

Hi my name is Melissa I am 51 from Arizona just starting on the weight loss program and i'm not sure what type of foods to eat so I can stay under my 1200 a day. I am open to any suggestions. thanks

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    The minimum a sedentary female should be eating is 1200 calories a day. Plus eating back your exercise calories.

You can eat whatever you want. Using a food scale and logging your food might help you more accurately track your calories.

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,143 Member
    You can eat anything. Just track the calories for the food you do eat and don't eat much over your daily calories. Also, don't eat under 1200 calories. Make sure you aren't being too aggressive with your goal.
  • freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    edited August 2020
    mhong69 wrote: »
    Hi my name is Melissa I am 51 from Arizona just starting on the weight loss program and i'm not sure what type of foods to eat so I can stay under my 1200 a day. I am open to any suggestions. thanks

My mainstays...

Any veg, lentils, apples, pears, strawberries, grapes, mackerel, turkey, chicken, tuna, bulgar wheat, porridge, yogurt, crispbreads with cheese spread.
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 600 Member
    A hardboiled egg or two often saves the day for me. 1200 calories is tough. Can you maybe make the compromise to lose weight slower but have a higher daily allowance?