Eating Disorder Recovery - looking for friends so we can support each other through our journeys :)

Options
Hi! I have had a rotten time with MFP in the past, but have decided to try and use it simply as a tool to make sure I'm getting the nutrients that my body needs, as I don't know how to do this on my own yet. Would love to connect with people who are also in recovery but who have a positive mindset and are not looking to use MFP as a tool to restrict or 'diet' - that's not something I want to surround myself with for obvious reasons. Thanks for reading :)

Replies

• Watchoit
    Watchoit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    While I haven't suffered from any eating disorders, I just wanted to wish you luck on your recovery journey.
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a eating disorder survivor. I don't talk so much about diet, no good or bad food, or anything like that but I do talk about my movement. Im an intuitive eater so I eat what feels right to me and what makes me feel good. I will share my meals and new things I buy. I do still log my food but I don't restrict. I'm focused mostly on balance and what feels good. I am trying to exercise more but not obsessively as I have done that in the past. I'm not sure where you are in your journey and what you need or don't need. But, you are free to add me if what Im sharing sounds ok. If not or if you add me and find my post triggering and have to unfriend me, I would completely understand. You have to do what is healthy for you mentally. It is a long journey but you can do this!
  • Im2yz4u
    Im2yz4u Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I cant classify myself as a survivor but Ive dealt with the demons of binge and purge. Its a journey that is unique to their own so my hats off to you love. Feed your body and you will do well.