do you send a message when you send a friend request?

Options
2»

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    No note makes it easy to decline the requests. 😂. I think it is nice to include a message as some sort of intro. So many are clearly just collecting friends for goodness only knows what reason it seems. Someone mentioned it's not an audition but if you make friends with a person in real life you've had to speak to them...last I checked that's not considered an audition. It's just being friendly and polite
  • Miss_Missy_Bee
    Miss_Missy_Bee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I’m horrible with messaging in either direction.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,414 Member
    Options
    I don't do friends here. But if someone sends me a message with a request then I at least I explain hat I don't do friends.
  • planehabit37
    planehabit37 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I add a message but don't have much luck adding anyone. I usually add something along the lines of: "Looking to add friends interested in weight loss and maintaining a healthy lifestyle and to compete against in step challenges" I never imagined (or put much thought into the possibility) there were weirdo's on here too. I'll think about that on my next request.
  • Roadie36
    Roadie36 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any request or messages 😁
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,414 Member
    Options
    Roadie36 wrote: »
    I haven't had any request or messages 😁

I get masses! Despite my profile saying that I don't do friends. You might get lots of requests if you change your user pic to a sheep or something else cute or cuddly :D
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I can count the number of people Ive added on one hand over the past 6 years, and yes, I did pop a message in the request.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I add a message but don't have much luck adding anyone. I usually add something along the lines of: "Looking to add friends interested in weight loss and maintaining a healthy lifestyle and to compete against in step challenges" I never imagined (or put much thought into the possibility) there were weirdo's on here too. I'll think about that on my next request.

There's lots of weirdos here. Your message sounds good though and it's nice you add one. I'm thinking adding "I'm not a weirdo" might be weird haha.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I will send a message when I send a FR, usually referencing why (e.g.: “we were discussing XYZ in the forum”, “looks like we have similar goals” etc). Definitely have had some weirdos friend me, I usually ignore or unfriend after a while. I’m learning about the weirdos as I’ve only really been active in the forums since Lockdown before that I wasn’t using them. That being said, I have gained some GOOD friends which have been encouraging.

Ha! A friend request just popped up as I was typing this. Let’s see if there’s a note...
  • IndyCatDad1
    IndyCatDad1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I typically do, and when I DO friend request someone, it's because they're written something in a forum or message board that struck me as interesting or funny. (I like funny people). I try to let them know where I saw them, or what they posted that grabbed my attention.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,256 Member
    Options
    I don't always send FR's but when I do, I include a message.
  • THUNDER5453
    THUNDER5453 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.... When I sent invites in the past I always included a message.... I have recently have rebooted on MFP after a major setback with my Ostomy and the stoma. I did trash everything friends all of my log in days everything went into the trash. A clean slate for me and yes if you would like to friend me I am good with it.
    I am a retired Savory/Exec. Chef, married for 35+ years with 2 boys and several grand kids. I am also on Fitbit premium and I am also premium on here as well. I also belong to Silver and Fit, I am just looking for friends that will encourage me after this set back i have gone through. I need to get back in the rhythm of things and daily life.
    Feel free to look at my profile, but I must warn you I haven't filled it out yet. I guess I should do that DON'T YA KNOW.
    You can find me on FitBit
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/3MFWZ8
    Feel free to add me as a friend there as well
    Doc ( Damm Old Chef)
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    I will send a message when I send a FR, usually referencing why (e.g.: “we were discussing XYZ in the forum”, “looks like we have similar goals” etc). Definitely have had some weirdos friend me, I usually ignore or unfriend after a while. I’m learning about the weirdos as I’ve only really been active in the forums since Lockdown before that I wasn’t using them. That being said, I have gained some GOOD friends which have been encouraging.

Ha! A friend request just popped up as I was typing this. Let’s see if there’s a note...

There was no message. 🙃
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    funny thing. after reading some of the responses to this thread, i accepted 2 FR with no messages. i don't want cheerleaders, but both of these people have completely ignored me since then. i do thumbs up their exercise and completing their day coming in under calories, but for them i don't seem to exist.

which makes me wonder why they even sent me a FR - neither of them seem to be friend collectors. it seems so odd to me...