Discipline and Motivation

Hi! I'm just looking to make news friends and hopefully get some support. I'm trying to lose 15 pounds, and tone my muscles. I am new to working out, and recently quit smoking, so I struggle with long workouts.
I'm looking to just stay focused on my goals, and find some workouts that are good for me.

Replies

• deeeeeas
    deeeeeas Posts: 4 Member
    I’m in the same boat all around! I’ll motivate you
  • deepsea117
    deepsea117 Posts: 30 Member
    Congratulations on quitting smoking! That's no small feat.

I succeeded in my journey through Self- discipline and Self-motivation--ultimately it's yourself who has control and the final say as to what you can achieve.

But I can be that reminder to stay the course and tell you things I learned about myself through my journey (you will learn more than you care to know about yourself.)

Let me know if you have any questions or feel free to add me if you would prefer just to see my progress so far! I have a good plan--I'll help you get through this.
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 674 Member
    Feel free to add me. Looking to lose 30 and get back on the road to running again.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,970 Member
    I had to comment on you starting to work out after quitting smoking, way to go! It's so hard to quit but you're definitely going to find a fast improvement in your breathing working out and not smoking, your lungs will recover even faster. I know before I quit working out alone helped a lot.

I've been doing YouTube workouts since the gym closed, if you tag me and let me know what kind of workouts (dance, HIIT, yoga, weights) I'll send you some links! I'm currently doing chair cardio because of injuries right now but have a bunch of low impact ones on playlists.