Getting Motivated

Options
I am new to the site, and I am really hoping that I can learn how to manage my weight. I have tried different diets in the past which are short term, and after a couple months I tend to gain the weight back. I think, one of my mayor problems is the fact that as soon as I start seeing no results I tend to just quit! Another mayor problem is that just the thought of being on a diet makes my brain crave more food ( even more than the food I normally eat ) . I have once again started as of today, to try and loose 20lbs by exercising and eating healthier. If anybody has any suggestions as to what I can do to help my case I would be very thankful =D

Replies

• julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will find lots of tips and motivation on here and are welcome to add me if you like for a little extra support. I find it hard to stay motivated too, but what helps is if you find an exercise that you find fun (so you actually want to do it and it isn't a chore). I have been doing zumba, which i find really fun and keeps me wanting to do it! I don't know if you have tried it, but if not you should give it a go X Also drinking lots of water helps to stop the hunger pangs, as sometimes i find that once i have had a glass of water i don't feel so hungry any more.

X Juliet X
  • JulieLaBonita
    Options
    Thank you Juliet =D I think that by having other people that are also trying to loose weight it will help me realize that it is not impossible. It's just a matter of me putting all my will into it.
  • Nuss91
    Options
    Welcome!