Question for Zumba and TK instructors

Options
I'm doing my Zumba Basics 1 training class on 10/7 (with Lindsay Taylor at the AAAI/ISMA One World Convention! - can you tell I'm excited by that? :laugh:). I would like to do the Turbo Kick Instructor Training (with Genelle Seward - I heard she's GREAT) the next day, 10/8, as well. My question is: do you think that would be too much? Will I be really sore after the Zumba training the day before to fully apply myself to the TK training?

Thanks for your help!!

Replies

• cnklapper
    cnklapper Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't know about being sore necessarily, but you will be WIPED out from the Zumba training. It's a long day of moving and shaking. :-/
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I agree...you may or may not be sore, but you are moving a LOT of that 8 hours. Some sit down time, but master class, then going over the steps again and again and again plus a section on choreo....it is HARD to want to do anything the next day let alone another long training
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your responses! I think it's because I've been REALLY itching to do the TK training and try to get it added to my gym's schedule! There are no TK classes locally and I think it's a travesty. :laugh: I love my Zumba so and that training is already paid for so I'm definitely going to that.
  • cnklapper
    cnklapper Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I mean, yes, it may be possible to do those trainings back to back, but I don't think it would be wise. You would be setting yourself up for an easy injury in the TK training, which I'm sure is exactly what you don't need or want at this point.

Good luck with your Zumba training! It was a really fun experience for me! ; )
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Bump! Any other opinions?