What’s the last thing you split in half?

Options
Over the last few weeks I’ve had several NSVs where I decided not to eat everything on my plate.

What’s the last thing you split in half, at home or in a restaurant? How do you feel about asking for a doggy bag or ordering one entree to share?

Replies

• AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Last week I went out to lunch with my boss and we decided to split one tempura fried spicy tuna roll and some edamame. Definitely felt a bit weird only ordering one meal but plenty of food!

This weekend I bought an Apple crumble bun (believe it!) for a breakfast treat and after half I decided I was very satisfied. Saved the remainder for later.

Today I actually brought Tupperware with me when I went out to lunch and packed away half my pizza. Personal milestone as it meant I didn’t have to work up the nerve to ask for a doggy bag (uncommon here and I feel selfconscious about it)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My ribeye steak Sunday night. Super yummy leftovers!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    A, um, special gummy candy. Half is enough for me.
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    A twix bar (ate one half one day, the other half next day with my coffee)
  • RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    A, um, special gummy candy. Half is enough for me.

Yaaas
  • deepsea117
    deepsea117 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I split in half a Kempler's Classic Pepperoni stick last night! It's in my food diary haha
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,591 Member
    Options
    LOL I don't think I've ever just eaten half of something. I'm a completist. :)
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    An avocado. But I split restaurant meals in half all the time.
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    The salad I had for lunch today. I ordered carryout from a restaurant and they gave me a 500-calorie entree salad. I had half for lunch yesterday and half today.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I'm a glutton and it's against my character to share anything.

Actually, not true. Our local natural food store has a small deli inside and makes THE best sandwiches/wraps, turkey, avocado, cheese, spinach, secret sauce, oh so yummy! Back before all this Covid-*kitten* happened, my sister and I used to go out for lunch every week and would split whatever we had.
  • strongwouldbenice
    strongwouldbenice Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    A cake, as I was frosting it. One half just started drifting away from the other. It ended up a little like that scene where Bruce eats the cake in Matilda, but boy was it delicious.
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I eat a very small portion of fries if I even get them so I snagged some of my husbands instead of ordering my own 😆
    I don't care to ask for a doggy bag it is already paid for and I am not wasting it 🐽
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    A banana, I almost never eat a whole one
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    The Sriracha lime fried green beans from Habit. So good....I split them with my hubs but ate the whole burger 🍔 😁
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I once again split a pizza in half at a Resturant. Getting into the habit! 🍕