Pain with yoga

I am starting to do yoga again after knowing some basics from years before. Im having alot of pain in my hips ( due to weight and post baby) and am looking for some tips or poses to help this. I use an app and online courses, going to a studio now isnt feasible. I find it difficult to do some basic sitting positions even. Anyone ever dealt with this? Thanks.

Replies

• tracybear86
    tracybear86 Posts: 163 Member
    Try Yoga with Adriane on YouTube. She is great at giving modifications and positioning advice.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,341 Member
    I have - also have lower back pain - and researched that there are certain poses I should not do. I was doing Yoga with Adrienne’s 30 days of yoga and had to stop. The below has been helpful for me - and she has others that may help you. She stays longer in the poses that has been helping me.

https://youtu.be/xiH8md1WB4w
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,432 Member
    Search Yoga with Adrian hips. She has videos specifically for stretching the hips.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 644 Member
    Sitting on a block or a rolled up blanket in seated poses can be a good adjustment, do you use any props at the moment?

Remember to meet yourself in the moment instead of where you were last time you had an active yoga practice.
  • BelleHastyle
    BelleHastyle Posts: 5 Member
    I do all my yoga exercises with Adrian on YouTube, he's a great person and helped me a lot.