Iron intake

Options
Hi, a newbie here still getting my head round how MFP works. Trying to include more iron in my diet. Today I had granola for breakfast and a beef stir fry with a variety of green veg for dinner. Under nutrition there’s a percentage for iron under breakfast but none for dinner? I thought beef and green veg would contain iron? I’m puzzled. Any thoughts?

Replies

• JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,477 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    user-entered foods in the database may be incomplete - just search for better/more accurate entries for the same foods
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,174 Member
    Options
    Many entries in the food database are inaccurate or incomplete, especially for micronutrients. I would suggest looking for more accurate entries. The Usda database is a good starting point to check if an entry is correct, for whole foods.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    A good percentage of the database is user entered. If the user doesn't track iron, they might not bother to enter it. You'll find lots on incomplete and flat out wrong entries.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    I really like this site for micronutrients: nutritiondata.com
  • denisedsouza
    denisedsouza Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I’ll just carry on feeling virtuous that I’m following a healthier diet generally. 😇