6 week 6 pack?

Options
Once I lose my tummy fat I was considering about getting Jillian Micheals: 6 week 6 pack. I just want to know if it's worth it. So, to all of you have tried it it....is it a good investment?

Replies

• CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Options
    I love it. It's a great workout but Jillian talks too much. :-) I'm not done with it but have lost over an inch. Will I have a 6 pack when I'm done, no, but I'm closer than before
  • michellewilliams10
    Options
    I tried this last night for the first time and agree with carla - she talks way too much! Not sure I can listen to her for 3 weeks on trot before I move onto the next level. Thinking at this stage to drop back onto 30ds which I loved!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I really liked this dvd but if you like Jillian you should also enjoy this one. I also started seeing results before I had to stop cause I was moving. Plus it's only around $10 so no loss if you don't enjoy it :)
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I tried it last night for the first time. I really liked it. I am using it to get rid of some of my tummy fat. I will also be doing her new video killer buns and thighs with it!
  • FitMami26
    Options
    I love this dvd but, I play it with no volume with the radio on!
  • 8rules
    8rules Posts: 169
    Options
    Favorite quote ever

"Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym"

We all have a six pack, the trick is exposing it by reducing the fat. If you want real proof, ask anyone that has done autopsies on fat dudes. Drop pretty much anyone on earth to 6% body fat and you will see beautiful abs.

As for ab workouts leading to abs exposed, you cannot spot reduce fat, that is a fitness myth and a marketing ploy. Fat is lost systemically, usually you lose it last where you gained it first. Hence people often lose weight on their face first, bum and stomach and inner thighs last.

Having said that, there is NOTHING wrong with ab work and getting a strong core. And ab work is usually really good work.
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Favorite quote ever

"Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym"

We all have a six pack, the trick is exposing it by reducing the fat. If you want real proof, ask anyone that has done autopsies on fat dudes. Drop pretty much anyone on earth to 6% body fat and you will see beautiful abs.

As for ab workouts leading to abs exposed, you cannot spot reduce fat, that is a fitness myth and a marketing ploy. Fat is lost systemically, usually you lose it last where you gained it first. Hence people often lose weight on their face first, bum and stomach and inner thighs last.

I am not trying to spot reduce. As I said...when I get rid of the little bit of tummy fat I have left I want to to tone them up more...I'm not doing this to lose the fat that is there now!
  • 8rules
    8rules Posts: 169
    Options
    Tone and losing fat is really the same thing. What people call toning is usually meaning wanting to see more muscle definition, and that is accomplished by losing more body fat, not by doing endless reps of ab work.

I am not trying to be a bugger, really, but toning and fat loss are truly the same thing. If you want more definition, also known as toning by those not trying to sell ab rockers, keep reducing body fat. Full body cardio workouts, high intensity intervals, etc... any proven fat busting workout combined with impeccable diet will work to bring out your abs.

We all have highly defined abs under the body fat. Check any anatomy book. The abs are long vertical muscles that are stitched transversely ending up looking like a 6 pack. Even the most out of shape person on earth will have nicely chiseled looking abs if they get down to 4-6% body fat.

My advice really is good on this one, for abs, your diet will matter more than your workout. The fat that hides them is the most stubborn fat on the body. I doubt you have ever seen anyone with a flabby bum and arms, but defined/toned abs, no matter how much ab work they do. If you could tone your abs without weight loss, this would be common as endless ab work is a common approach.