On a tear again

Options
OAS5
OAS5 Posts: 376 Member
I lost some 72-73 pounds which of course very happy with. I hit the low of 199 last June, as of June 2019. I then upped my calories figuring I would lose the last bit of weight [10-15] pounds very slowly. What ended up happening is I stayed the same, bouncing around between 199 and 204 till just a few weeks ago. Yeah over a year. I figured I was right at my maintenance weight so I adjusted some things, cut 400 calories a day and I'm on a tear again. Its almost like I did reverse dieting for a year and now my body is responding big time to the calorie deficit. 196.6 this morning and dropping. Serious discipline is back and I'm on track to get down to 185-180. I can't wait.

Replies

• tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's our body or our mind (or BOTH) that seems to respond so well to an elongated "rest" from dieting. But even a 3 or 4 week stint of maintenance seems to help with my weight loss when I go back into a deficit. Stay with it!!!
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    That's an interesting strategy but it's great it's working for you! Might have to try it at some point but right now I'm kind of afraid to, LOL. Very cool to hear about your progress.
  • OAS5
    Options
    Sand_TIger wrote: »
    That's an interesting strategy but it's great it's working for you! Might have to try it at some point but right now I'm kind of afraid to, LOL. Very cool to hear about your progress.

I was dearly afraid to try it so I didn't. 🤣 I did it accidentally. I thought I was still in a deficit but obviously wasn't. Now cutting almost put things into overdrive.
  • OAS5
    Options
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    Not sure if it's our body or our mind (or BOTH) that seems to respond so well to an elongated "rest" from dieting. But even a 3 or 4 week stint of maintenance seems to help with my weight loss when I go back into a deficit. Stay with it!!!

Thanks man, I will stay with it till I get to where i want to be. You do the same and we'll both be where we want to be!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!