fastest weight loss?

Options
what have you done/heard of being the fastest/easiest way to lose weight?

Replies

• FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    listening in
  • ckspores
    Options
    There is no such thing. Anyone that says there is an easy and fast way to lose weight is selling something.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race.
    Good old fashioned diet and exercise.
  • methetree
    Options
    It isn't a race. Slower weight loss is healthier, and more likely to stay off. There are bad things that happen when you lose too fast.

Just sayin.

To answer the question though....

The fastest I know about is HCG, but I think it's starvation and unhealhty and everyone I know who has used it has gained it all back and then some after they started eating normal portions again. And it screws up your metabolism seriously so when you wanna lose it right, it's harder to do.

good luck
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    PSMF /thread
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    amputation.
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Gree wtih the above two posters... no way to do it fast and easy. Those that do use those fad diets gain it all back eventually. It's about a lifestyle change and it can only be done by making the right choices... and those changes must be something you can live with forever.
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race.
    Good old fashioned diet and exercise.

Amen!
  • EMSNJOEY
    Options
    The most effective and best way to lose weight and KEEP it off is to modify and make realistic changes to your diet and exercise. Change your mind set from lose weight to healthy life. This way, you lose the weight and you set yourself up for success in the long haul. Completely depriving yourself of your favorite foods may work for a short time, but many (myself included) find that this is not something they can maintain. Instead, find ways to modify your favorite recipes to make them healthier. Be mindful of your food choices and log EVERY bite or beverage you put in your mouth.

Exercise is equally as important as the diet changes that you will make. I LOATHE exercise, but know that in order to reach my goals and to maintain my goals, I need to incorporate it into my life. I try to exercise (in addition to daily activity) 5 times a week doing a combination of strength training and cardio. Typically my workouts last 60-90 minutes.
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain the weight overnight, so it isn't going to disappear overnight either.

If you go on a fad diet or a detox, you'll lose it quickly but you'll gain it just as fast.

Eat healthy, exercise, lots of water and plenty of sleep is the best thing solution.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Be active and stay active - get your *kitten* and metabolism moving!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    cut off a limb, starve yourself and do HGC... all should let you drop a good amount of weight pretty quick, and if you don't die in the process then thats a bonus!

In all reality though, nothing is going to speed up weight loss. You need to eat right and exercise.. once you have those two components down, the weight should be coming off.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Edgar Cayce recommended drinking a small glass of grape juice (like shot size) before every meal and before bed...maybe try that (I'm going to buy some grape juice today to start...I think it needs to be legit grape juice though...not the sugar water stuff).

He also recommended lemon n your water.

I've read that hypnotherapy can help.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Edgar Cayce recommended drinking a small glass of grape juice (like shot size) before every meal and before bed...maybe try that (I'm going to buy some grape juice today to start...I think it needs to be legit grape juice though...not the sugar water stuff).

He also recommended lemon n your water.

I've read that hypnotherapy can help.

what is that supposed to do
  • Billspeller
    Options
    Stop drinking ALL alcohol, absolutely no junk food (chips, peanuts soft drinks, etc.) and get rid of your dinner plate and eat your dinner on a breakfast plate.
    First week you will lose 5 lbs........ 2nd week you will lose another 5 lbs.
    Just try it for 2 weeks to prove you can do it! Then you will see you can change the way you eat. Also add more fresh fruit to your eating as snacks.
    I did and I have lost 45 lbs since April 1 2011 and I will lose another 40 lbs by March 2012.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    First week you will lose 5 lbs........ 2nd week you will lose another 5 lbs.

You can't make a statement like that. While that might be what happened to you, it won't necessarily be true for anyone else.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    what is that supposed to do

Sell grape juice! :laugh:
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Best way is to focus on the lifestyle, not the fast fix.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Honestly, for fast weight loss, Medifast works!. Its a pretty restrictive diet, allows for minimal excercise and probably not for long term use. but if you need to lose 30, 40, 50 lbs for heatlh reasons so you can begin a normal healty diet and excercise program, it works. I did it for 2 weeks and lost 21 lbs. but man, its tough to maintain. Its a low carb plan that when fiollowed precisely will keep your body in ketosis. Again, mfp folks dont flame me because it goes against everything mfp is about, but it is a quick way to lose some poundage so you can transition to a more normal/healty meal and excercise approach.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    bwahahaha
    amputation.