Apple watch

Options
Hi all,
Ive connected my apple watch gone to setting on Apple health selected all. But its still not showing on MFP any advice please would be great.

Replies

• Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    In MFP, select Apple Watch for steps. It will show your steps. I track workouts in Apple Watch, and those show up as an adjustment. But I’ve started using a different app for food tracking so I don’t really pay attention to calorie adjustment here.

There is an integration issue with Apple Watch and MFP. You can download an app called Pacer. Connect Pacer to Apple Watch and Apple Health. Then, you get “credit” for all of your steps. Otherwise, for 10K steps, Apple Watch will give you something like 78 calories.
    If you go the Pacer rout...once you log a workout in Apple Watch, you will see 2 adjustments. One from Pacer, one from Apple Health. You can delete the Apple Health bc it’s a double. If you select sedentary as activity level, your entire “move” calories from Apple Watch will be your adjustment. If you select lightly active or active, it will be less.
  • ALZ14
    ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I only do walking workouts, but I put my activity in MFP as sedentary then use the Pacer app for MFP to count my steps and activity and then it transfers over for full credit.

When I set up the Pacer app I have it to look at my Apple Watch for my step counts.

One hassle after setting everything up... you need to update your weight progress in all three apps so the calorie burn is remotely accurate (MFP, Pacer, and Apple Health).
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I think this is the link I used to get mine hooked up:

https://switchingtomac.com/tutorials/sync-apple-watch-to-your-fitness-app/

I had to go through the Health App and link it up to MFP. I syncs up my workouts perfectly. I don't track steps though. Never needed the Pacer app "fix" a lot of folks use either.

Good luck!
  • Pittgirl3
    Pittgirl3 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I think you have to connect MFP to Apple Health and make sure your watch is connected to the Apple Health app. It takes a little rigging, and you sometimes get notifications that it’s not connected even when it is.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    This is what it looks like when not using a 3rd party app like Pacer.

j73519cb0wb4.jpeg