I lost 20 pounds!

Options
I started this lifestyle change only last month. I haven't gone hungry, I haven't changed my eating to such a drastic extreme that I couldn't sustain for a lifetime, and most importantly I feel great! This is the first goal in a long line of goals, but I made it and I am so happy! I absolutely love this site, I really believe that it has made all the difference in the world. Thank you MFP and all the great people that I have chatted with along the way and will chat with in the future :happy:

Replies

• DK30096
    DK30096 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!! I can't wait to be able to say I've lost 20 pounds!!!! Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!
  • amarie_1508
    Options
    Congrats! That is awesome.
  • jlowensby
    Options
    That is sooo awesome!!! I cannot wait until I am able to say the same thing! Very proud of you! Keep up the awesomeness!!
  • slimmerme2012
    Options
    Congrats!
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Isnt that awesome?!!!! What a great feeling!! Congrats!
  • nikkizmom1962
    nikkizmom1962 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congratulations that is wonderful............I am so happy to have found this site is truly has helped me alot and the support I have gotten has been amazing. good luck in your journey:)
  • navjhaj
    Options
    Congrats, I've lost about 4 kg in a little over a week, here, and I'm very glad I've joined. It's true what you say, you don't have to make DRASTIC changes, just cut out the garbage (Sweets, sugars, junk, fast food, pizza, etc.) , eat sensibly, make sure you catalogue everything faithfully, and exercise regularly.

I wonder though, if the initial weight loss burst is pretty much all water weight and one probably has to be careful not pack it back on , again?? I might start a thread about initial weight loss...
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    This is awesome what a significant loss in that period of time..MFP is truly the best for support..I HEART my pals...
  • cressinghamroad
    Options
    Hi - well done. How many weeks did it take you?
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    congrats on your loss
  • Kambriasgranny
    Options
    Congrats on the 20 pounds....I am so looking forward to when I can say that too. Keep a great attitude and be sure to log everything!! Great Job!
  • chellabella26
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of the support and well wishes :D I have been working on my goals since the beginning of August. I lost 14 pounds rather quickly and then stalled for about a week, then starting the third week the weight started coming off again but more slowly. Water or not, that initial weight loss really helped me stay on track and I haven't gained it back, so yea!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Super Job! :flowerforyou:
  • Randynorthridge
    Options
    Congratulations on your fabulous weight loss! I hope I can do just as well. :smile: Keep up the good work and eat clean!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!