Looking for Aus buddies but also worldwide

Options
khatmott
khatmott Posts: 15 Member
Hi I'm back again after a 5 yr break. Got myself something like 70kg and diabetes to lose. I want to do it right so it stays off. Currently 2 down and would love some MFP buddies to come along for the ride so we can keep accountable and have fun with it along the way.
What's your goal? what's your plan?

Replies

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,745 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm an Aussie too - feel free to add me! I have something like 70kg+ to lose as well, and I'm insulin resistant due to PCOS.
    I've been here many years but have more recently started over. I have found some good groups of people through the member-run challenges in the message boards here!

I'm trying to take baby steps and build the healthy lifestyle that I want for the rest of my life - so right now I'm focusing on making exercise a habit, and tracking all my calories. I am starting to think more carefully about what & how much I eat, but it's not a focus right now until these other things are habits!
  • KungfuPandin
    KungfuPandin Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm an Aussie as well 🙂. I've been here for a long time. I lost about 30kg, most of it through ww. Then I switched over to MFP for the last remaining bit which is proving very challenging to get rid of. Feel free to add me as a friend. The more the merrier. We can help support and cheer each other on. I have my diary open so you can see what I'm eating. It's scary to do that but I've found it mostly encouraging. I really like MFP it's very adaptable. You can do it!, just take it slowly and one day at a time. 🙂👍
  • Nyxinu
    Nyxinu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Aussie too and new. Have low iron and several health problems but determined to get back to where I need to be. Looking to lose about the same. Need some buddies for accountability and mutual support.