Bridal Bootcamp

Hello all of you fabulous people!

My name is Morgan, I’m 32 years old, and live in Houston, TX! I joined this app because my fiancé and I are getting married on 11/07/2020. Now, I know what you’re thinking- we are crazy for doing it during COVID-19 and during this all around crazy time. But we just decided that our friends, family, and us needed a win for 2020. We were not going to let this year define us. SO with that being said, I have to lose 25lbs in 76 days. I know I can do it, and I know I can definitely do it with the support of my fellow MY FITNESS PALS. So let’s all encourage each other to be our best self, and if you feel like you need that little extra push- I’m here for you! I got your backs!

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Okay, you want to lose 25 lbs in 76 days

Do you know the #1 reason new brides put on weight right after a wedding? Crash dieting before the wedding. Quite often, they lose steam immediately at the reception and those pounds stack back on like a freight train.

When you dial your food and calories down you're not giving your body a source of fuel so it starts to break down your muscle tissue for energy. When you fall right back into your normal way of eating maybe during the honeymoon, your body will put that weight back on very quickly. You may even gain more weight back than before. Rebound weight gain with friends.

If you want to step up your exercise, go ahead. You look fine and fabulous right now. Beautiful. I wouldn't change one thing 75 days before your wedding. I'm encouraging you to be your best self without all of the brutally strict dieting right out of the chute.

The best diet is the one that improves your health while maintaining a sense of peace all throughout the wedding and honeymoon.

• LMBelladonna
    LMBelladonna Posts: 71 Member
    First of all- CONGRATULATIONS! 🍾🎉

I think you can drop 25 lbs in 76 days with the level of determination you sound like you have!

I personally have found that a more Keto eating style has worked well for me (low carb/mid protein/high fat.) This while tracking macros in MFP has made a world of difference.

You got this!!
  • DDino22
    DDino22 Posts: 9 Member
    Hey, 76 days is just a shade under 11 weeks. At 2 lbs per week, that's still really close to your goal and a sustainable and healthy amount. To reach it, you need a deficit of 1000 k/cal per day. Whether its less food or more food and more exercise.

I know you can absolutely nail it. Yes, crash dieting before a wedding maybe isn't the best solution. But the phrase "sheddin' for the weddin' " didn't just fall out of the sky lol. I wish you all the best and feel free to add me if you need online accountability!

Best wishes to you and your husband in the coming months and the many many years of marriage to follow.

Stay safe, stay strong, stay disciplined! 👊👍🔥
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Congratulations on the forthcoming nuptials 😍

All the best to you in your relationship and personal health!
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    DDino22 wrote: »
    Hey, 76 days is just a shade under 11 weeks. At 2 lbs per week, that's still really close to your goal and a sustainable and healthy amount. To reach it, you need a deficit of 1000 k/cal per day. Whether its less food or more food and more exercise.

I know you can absolutely nail it. Yes, crash dieting before a wedding maybe isn't the best solution. But the phrase "sheddin' for the weddin' " didn't just fall out of the sky lol. I wish you all the best and feel free to add me if you need online accountability!

Best wishes to you and your husband in the coming months and the many many years of marriage to follow.

Stay safe, stay strong, stay disciplined! 👊👍🔥

2 lbs a week would be healthy if she had 80 lbs or more to lose. If she only needs to lose 25 lbs healthy weight loss would be .5 lbs a week.

OP congrats on your upcoming wedding. Please don't under eat and crash diet.