Depression and weight gain - anyone else?

Options
I've really been struggling with depression and social anxiety, and Covid has made that a thousand times worse. Before lockdown I was 146 (which was already about 10 lbs too heavy for my height), now up to 165 because of takeaways and being so fed up that I make horrible food choices just to feel better. Is anyone else filling that giant hole of emptiness with food? Let's hold each other accountable and support each other through the process!

Replies

• Olgaukr83
    Olgaukr83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! Yes, I am feeling the same way. Covid depression is real. I was able to stay on track most of the time with the help of online coach and MFP, but it's getting harder.
  • Sweet_A
    Sweet_A Posts: 7,694 Member
    Options
    We are all pulling the same rope in this journey! 🀝
    I’m sure you will reach your goal! 😊
    You can do it! πŸŽ€
  • Dayannahernandez30
    Dayannahernandez30 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Same 😞
  • smileysarah100
    smileysarah100 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yep, Covid depression took hold big style and too much going on I fell back into eating anything and everything. Plus I am a home Baker so more baking was done and very much eaten and I am. Back at square 1 with my weight. Recently brought a full Lenght mirror and that brought it home how much weight I have out on πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
    However, I am coming out the other side and started to exercise again and log my food and hopefully I can shed the 4 stone I want to get rid off!
  • SunflowerQueen36
    SunflowerQueen36 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Lots of this gong around - Feel free to add me! πŸŒ»πŸ–€πŸ˜
  • MrsPonce2000
    MrsPonce2000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    On the same train... ready to get off and stay off. Would love friends to join a journey together.
  • sandypowdrell
    sandypowdrell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    me too! 3 stone to get rid of! anxiety and depression, dealing with the death of my mum and brother on top of covid has me reaching for the chocolate and wine!
  • tsolle
    tsolle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yep, I totally feel this! I was on meds for depression and anxiety before Covid, so I was already packing on the pounds before this, but Covid definitely made it WAY worse. I went from 160 in October to 200 by March. I didn't decide to do anything about it until about 3 weeks ago, so I found my way back here, and I've been working out/watching what I eat since. If you need an accountability buddy, feel free to add!
  • macproeditpost
    macproeditpost Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes I have been effected by depression and anxiety not so much anxiety I guess but depression for sure. I am in a job that requires me to stay awake all night long so this effects my health negatively. Also most do not realize or believe I struggle with depression. It is really hard when you don’t sleep right.
  • SwolehouseBrotown
    SwolehouseBrotown Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm not, no.

We can still all be friends tho.
  • krina1x
    krina1x Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Girl i can relate so much
  • rojodiablotx2020
    rojodiablotx2020 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    oh yeah, not sure I cook anything for about 2 months. Just wanted to get out of the house to do anything, so I just ordered out. +20 since March. Ugh.
  • Joeydz7
    Joeydz7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey for sure, I started listening to sleep hypnosis on YouTube before I when to sleep every-night then started working out, happy now
  • solmazirani82
    solmazirani82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too