Help with Calories post Bypass Surgery

Options
I have recently had a gastric bypass operation, and have now been exercising.

The question is, I am taking in about 1000 cals a day, but on average I am burning between 600-1000 cals a day cycling.

What do I do with those calories, I have been just forgetting them , but I was told I should be eating them as well. There is no way I can eat them cals due to my operation.

Any help would be good.

Gary.

Replies

• cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options
    ask your doctor. should you ahve discussed this already with him prior to getting the surgery done?
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    This is definitely a question for your doctor, please call him/her and don't take any advice you get here.

Each person is different after surgery and you need to consult with your doctor what is best for YOU. Not what someone else thinks that has never even met you.
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    Hi~ I am 5 yrs post-op RnY. Like the other posters have said, ask your surgeon's nutritionist. It really depends on how far out from surgery you are. The most important thing, however, it to keep your protein and water up~
  • nancyl8198
    nancyl8198 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree, your dietician should be able to tell you how much to eat. I'm at just over a year out and only eating 1,100 calories today and burn at least 500 a day - I don't get to eat those calories back. My dietician recommended the calories based on my rate of losing and how much I exercise. Yours should be able to do the same! Good luck!
    Nancy