why does my stomach bloat up so much

Options
so i am a skinny girl, weigh 110 and will wake up with a flat stomach but after eating my stomach will bloat up a lot and make me look a couple months pregnant and it is embarrassing to wear crop tops or bikinis because im this skinny girl with a big bloated belly.. why does this happen, is it certain foods and how do you reduce bloating?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It's not at all unusual for women to experience some bloating when we're digesting food. Sometimes it can look quite significant to us while not really being that obvious to others. Maybe you're in this group? If you are experiencing an unusual level of bloating, that can be related to what you're eating. Foods that some people digest easily can cause problems for others, so I don't know if anyone will be able to tell you exactly what is doing this.

If you're eating a variety of foods and it's happening every time you eat, it may not be an issue at all, but just what is normal for your body.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    in my case, i developed lactose intolerance; when i stopped eating dairy and drinking milk, the bloating stopped happening. so many foods could cause this, you might want to remove one of your regular foods from your diet for a couple weeks. if you keep having bloating, try it with another food till you find the culprit. or it could be something like IBS.
  • jdh419
    jdh419 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I bloat after eating vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts. And after I eat over processed foods ir foods with a lot of sodium like pizza or Asian. When I wasn't dieting I'd also stuff myself which brings on that horrible feeling of fullness. I'd say it's just trial and error on what your body can stand.
  • lilcharmer214
    lilcharmer214 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Same, same, same! Except I don't wake with a flat stomach but but end of day, I look 4-5 months preggers no matter what I eat. I HATE it. Haven't really found a solution either.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Consider reading this, it will probably help set your mind at ease. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10689837/does-this-uterus-make-my-stomach-look-fat
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Idk but same thing happens to me and has my whole life after I eat or drink anything. :( That is why I never wear bikinis or crop tops or fitted clothing. I think not having a completely flat stomach is normal, but the "bloating" seems to be more obvious the skinnier you are.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    I did genetic testing and started an anti-inflammatory diet a month ago, I came up positive for celiac on both sides of the family and gluten intolerance in the second round of tests. I'm doing an anti-inflammatory diet and it's slowly helping but I have to cut back on cruciferous vegetables as well.