I went through my old "fat clothes"!

OAS5
OAS5 Posts: 374 Member
We are moving into a new house and so we are going through everything. I went through all my clothes the other night. Now being down 76 pounds I haven't seen those old "fat clothes" in a very long time. Wow I cannot believe how big I was, and how big my clothes were. I saw my favorite fat shirt I used to wear. It was a huge turquoise shirt. Man I hated the way I looked. Unfortunately I don't have my old jeans, must have thrown them out a few years ago but they were HUGE. I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror once and it was bad. Talk about looking sloppy. Anyway I just found it interesting.

Replies

• AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    That must have been a great reality check on how far you’ve come! Time to snap a couple of pics and then leave them behind rather than moving them to your new place?
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,070 Member
    Love the idea of leaving the old clothes behind - except perhaps for one item to serve as a reminder of how far you've come. I find it tremendously fun to put on old clothes that I used to have to wear, mostly because I never really in my heart of hearts thought I'd lose. So congratulations on your victory, and I hope the move goes well!
  • OAS5
    edited August 2020
    That must have been a great reality check on how far you’ve come! Time to snap a couple of pics and then leave them behind rather than moving them to your new place?

Oh yeah took one pic and threw them out. That was the point of going through them. Threw everything that doesn't fit out. I only took one pic of one shirt too.
  • OAS5
    Sand_TIger wrote: »
    Love the idea of leaving the old clothes behind - except perhaps for one item to serve as a reminder of how far you've come. I find it tremendously fun to put on old clothes that I used to have to wear, mostly because I never really in my heart of hearts thought I'd lose. So congratulations on your victory, and I hope the move goes well!

Thank you, yes I threw them out. We were going through them to get rid of what we didn't need to clear the clutter.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 526 Member
    Ooo, don't toss those old clothes! Instead, turn to YouTube and learn how to alter them into completely new things! I don't mean just altering them to fit, I mean completely and totally change them! I watched a gal last night make an adorable short skirt out of a huge pair of pants! You can do some amazing stuff with old clothing! 😉
  • OAS5
    I shouldn't have said we threw them out. We have to Goodwill. I mean at least went to a good cause.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!