The book of Job
  • kuhlbrz
    kuhlbrz Posts: 5 Member
    Good morning. Currently reading:

An Honest Thief
    Short story by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • piggy_smalls
    piggy_smalls Posts: 1,600 Member
    The Conscious Resistance: Reflections On Anarchy And Spirituality by Derrick Broze and John Vibes
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    It’s trash and I love it
    jvtv9xhrcht4.jpeg

such a fun series though!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    just wrapped up the the inheritance series on audible, I started the series a long time ago before it was completed and never got back to it to see how it ends until now. A bit sad in the end but also a very interesting and different ending that I was anticipating.

Just started White Fragility, trying to broaden my mind a bit.

Physically reading the red rising trilogy still. I'm still not in love with it, but kinda of just keep going through it because I don't have anything I am itching to get into at the moment.
  • BrustMannEiner
    BrustMannEiner Posts: 360 Member
    More referring to rather than reading but DoD Cybersecurity Test and Evaluation Guidebook and NIST SP 800-171
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    I just finished this:

9780194790956-us.jpg

and I gotta admit, I'm a little embarrassed that it's taken me this long to read it ( don't judge me; I've been busy.)

anyway, it's not what I expected and was simply a work of art.

I just started this & it's pretty cool:

9781494570750.jpg
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Salem’s Lot by Stephen King
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I just finished this:

9780194790956-us.jpg

and I gotta admit, I'm a little embarrassed that it's taken me this long to read it ( don't judge me; I've been busy.)

This is on my list of next Classic to read (I have a few different read next book lists). I want to read it before I watch the old classic film of it! Is it a tough classic read or relatively smooth?
  • Motorsheen
    fstrickl wrote: »
    I just finished this:

9780194790956-us.jpg

This is on my list of next Classic to read (I have a few different read next book lists). I want to read it before I watch the old classic film of it! Is it a tough classic read or relatively smooth?

It's a short read and beautifully written.
    It really is a piece of written art. You will have no problems with it in the least.

I slowly read it because I wanted to savor every sentence; it's that good.

Also, earlier in the thread you mentioned a book that you enjoyed but nobody else had read it and you wanted to compare notes. Do you recall the title of this book ??
  • KetoNewLife
    KetoNewLife Posts: 88 Member
    IKIGAI The Japanese Secret to a Ling and Happy Life
    Every little bit of encouragement and positivity helps❣️☺️
    qwl0apnq6b6t.jpeg
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    xdez8h6bowcz.jpeg

It's interesting that there's so many views on what out ancestors ate for food. I was watching a movie a couple of weeks ago called "The Game Changers" and they talked about how the Gladiators in ancient times were vegetarians based off of bone structure samples.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm reading

51vOC0HXnaL._SX218_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_ML2_.jpg
  • fstrickl
    I just finished this:

9780194790956-us.jpg

It really is a piece of written art. You will have no problems with it in the least.

Also, earlier in the thread you mentioned a book that you enjoyed but nobody else had read it and you wanted to compare notes. Do you recall the title of this book ??

Thanks for your micro review! I’ve heard that Shelley was a force. And that her and Percy Shelley were kinda bad *kitten* and also a bit weird - apparently the first time she had sex with Percy was on her mother’s grave!

I do remember!! It’s actually a trilogy. I’m nearly done book two. It’s called The Vorrh Trilogy (The Vorrh, The Erstwhile, and The Cloven). The author is B Catling. Please Let me know if you choose to read it.
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Where the Crowdads Sing by Delia Owens. Interesting so far.
  • Motorsheen
    I just finished this:

9780194790956-us.jpg

Thanks for your micro review! I’ve heard that Shelley was a force. And that her and Percy Shelley were kinda bad *kitten* and also a bit weird - apparently the first time she had sex with Percy was on her mother’s grave!

I do remember!! It’s actually a trilogy. I’m nearly done book two. It’s called The Vorrh Trilogy (The Vorrh, The Erstwhile, and The Cloven). The author is B Catling. Please Let me know if you choose to read it.

@fstrickl

Got it; it's in an online shopping cart.

I'll take a look at it.

..... and while we're trading titles: 'The Devil All The Time' by Donald Ray Pollock is probably my favorite book of all time.

It's been made into a Netflix movie to be released very, very soon.
  • fstrickl
    @Motorsheen I feel like such and influencer now!

I will have to check out your recommendation! Thanks for the suggestion. Happy reading!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited August 2020
    Waiting by Ha Jin, the story about a man in China in the 60s and 70s who wants to divorce his wife (arranged marriage) and marry the woman he loves, but it takes, like, 18 years. So yeah...a lot of waiting.

I also just finished the memoir Educated by Tara Westover which was fascinating, heartbreaking, infuriating (I swear to god my blood pressure spiked) and frustrating. Crazytown.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    I also just finished the memoir Educated by Tara Westover which was fascinating, heartbreaking, infuriating (I swear to god my blood pressure spiked) and frustrating. Crazytown.

Reminds me of reading Sophie's Choice. I HATED that book. Threw it against the wall at least four times. That was the end of my philosophy that if I start a book, I must finish it. That was 17 1/2 years ago...and I still want to throw it some more. And punch the writer. But he's dead...so I can't.
  • FitAsaFalafel
    FitAsaFalafel Posts: 17 Member
    Don’t understand it, but I’m working through it 😁