Which exercise is your nemesis? 😈

Options
MaltedTea
MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
Is there an exercise or movement that you have incorporated into your workout but that you can't quite get with proper form yet?

If so, what is your plan to defeat it? And... what's your timeline?

I'll go first...

Replies

• MaltedTea
    Options
    My current nemesis: Planks with weighted front raise (8lb)

I've worked on this all month y'all and still can't do it. I've supplemented with standing front raises using a 12lb DB and worked on other shoulder exercises all to no avail...yet.

By the end of this year, I'll be able to do this. I'll be doing shoulder-focused upper body work using various training techniques (drop set, body weight, etc) - and practicing the specific plank move every month - from now until DEC202020. Periodt.
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    sweating.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Side hip raises! They’re just so hard for me. I don’t know why! I struggle with keeping my shoulders stacked while doing them as well as keeping my body straight. I can lift my hips but it’s just so challenging.

I guess a plan to defeat it is to continue to lose weight (less weight around the hips would make them easier to lift) but primarily focus on core strength. Maybe I’ll hold a plank every night beide bed.
  • MaltedTea
    edited August 2020
    Options
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    sweating.

That'll do it... especially during a workout on a humid day outdoors 😱. I try going super early (or super late) to avoid ☀️.
    Right now it’s everything

May there, in time, be nothing you can't do when it comes to your physical fitness 💪🏿
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Side hip raises! They’re just so hard for me. I don’t know why! I struggle with keeping my shoulders stacked while doing them as well as keeping my body straight. I can lift my hips but it’s just so challenging.

I guess a plan to defeat it is to continue to lose weight (less weight around the hips would make them easier to lift) but primarily focus on core strength. Maybe I’ll hold a plank every night beide bed.

Love the plan of attack! I'm (re)learning just how important one's core is and its contribution to how one's limbs efficiently move. Hope you enjoy the journey to side hip raising mastery!

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Split squats! I am so freaking uncoordinated.
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    It's that bloody pigeon stretch in yoga. Cuts off my blood in my legs!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    It's that bloody pigeon stretch in yoga. Cuts off my blood in my legs!

Ooh, in yoga, it's scorpion pose. I cannot nail that sucker.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I have several. I don't have a time line for anything fitness-related. I just keep working at it until I can do it.

Push ups. I am working on those and am nearly there. I can do a 5 second eccentric but getting back up from the bottom so far eludes me. Working on upper body strength.

Pull ups. As for push ups a fairly slow eccentric is do-able but getting up from bottom is not happening. I am doing banded pull ups plus working on upper body strength and losing a bit of weight.

Rear leg elevated split squats. My balance is shocking, I have occasional vertigo and knee valgus which does not help. I am just keeping at those.
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    side planks and similar... I have hypermobility issues and sensitive wrists, there's no way for me to put most of my weight on 1 wrist uness I want to be in pain
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Squats. I fall over backwards 😔

I recently saw a video from untamed strength that had some great tips. It seems I don’t have enough mobility in my ankles causing the loss of balance. So I am going to practice using a towel around one of the posts on my rogue rack to help keep me from losing my balance. It’s going to be a slow process, but hopefully my form will improve!
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    side planks and similar... I have hypermobility issues and sensitive wrists, there's no way for me to put most of my weight on 1 wrist uness I want to be in pain

Hmmm....I suspect I might have hyper mobility as well (never been to the doc just followed the online tests to see if I have it) and also really find my wrists hurt doing side hipe raises (see my post above - I put it as my nemesis). Either way, anything on my sides I struggle with too!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Due to an injury (fell while running, I'm so graceful....) shoulder press...
  • Tausi
    Tausi Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    10 proper pushups by end of year - I am at number 2😩 and running/jogging continuously for 15min - I am at 3min.

Strategy- keep plugging away (PATIENCE)
  • MaltedTea
    Options
    This thread is turning into a tally of moves I need to work on as well! Good on all of you for recognizing a soon-to-be former challenge!
  • Indialove901
    Indialove901 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Definitely burpees. They kick my butt EVERY time.
  • BahstenB10
    BahstenB10 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Battle ropes. They defeat me. Constantly. And leave me blistered and scarred lol.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Burpees... 😩

I'm with ya, I hate burpees!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Running/jogging. I've tried for 37 years since running crossing cross county when I was 12 and I still think it's torture. It's so boring.