Steps not accurate

Options
Is there a way to edit your steps? The app isn’t updating I guess, my Apple Watch says I did over 10,000 and the fit app says over 8k?!! It’s frustrating when I joined a step challenge, now I’m not getting credit for my success!

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to edit your steps? The app isn’t updating I guess, my Apple Watch says I did over 10,000 and the fit app says over 8k?!! It’s frustrating when I joined a step challenge, now I’m not getting credit for my success!

Have you tried doing a manual sync? By 'fit app' do you mean the myfitnesspal app?
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    What makes you think the watch is "right" and the app is not? Most likely neither is "right".
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    My apple watch never synced right with MFP. I use an intermediary. I link my watch to Pacer which is accurate and then Pacer to MFP. Sometimes it takes like 30 minutes to sync but by end of day it syncs perfectly. I've only had one day where it didn't do right! I think it has something to do with apple.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    gewel321 wrote: »
    My apple watch never synced right with MFP. I use an intermediary. I link my watch to Pacer which is accurate and then Pacer to MFP. Sometimes it takes like 30 minutes to sync but by end of day it syncs perfectly. I've only had one day where it didn't do right! I think it has something to do with apple.

Interesting. When I direct synced I never noticed that it got the steps wrong just the calories. Admittedly I didn't pay that much attention to it though because I was eating TDEE and the exercise calories were just a curiosity.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    The watch syncs, but unless you are using Pacer, your only adjustment is from logged activity on the watch. It doesn’t give you “credit” for additional steps outside of exercise. Take a look at what mine looks like.

x7dbd3vmqnf6.jpeg