Before and During progress....slowing down

Options
I have 30 left but it’s getting slower and slower!! Just gotta remember to keep moving forward despite how small of a loss!! as0mqlbj0zwx.jpeg

Replies

• RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Congrats great progress! Just keep going, you will achieve your goal! :)
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I feel for you: I am nearly 2/3 of the way to goal but loooking at my weight loss chart I suspect that this final third might take as long as the first two-thirds did!
  • caseydimples
    caseydimples Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! You look great!
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job with your loss! Congrats. You're looking great! You'll reach your goal... just keep pushing!!
  • stahndebs
    stahndebs Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well done ! You look amazing
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Great job so far! Thanks for posting this. I've got about 40 pounds to go, roughly 65 lost so far, and my progress has slowed way down. I need to keep focus on how much better I feel and all the things I can do now, and I'll bet you're doing the same. :)
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    It would be helpful if you could tell us what your "plan" has been so far and going forward. Are you strictly doing a caloric deficit prescribed by My Fitness Pal. Have you implemented regular exercise, and if so what kind and how long? That kind of info really helps inspire others. Great job, by the way!!!
  • hatsumi141
    hatsumi141 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I feel you, I lost 70lbs. A few years back, gained about 20 back. Now I'm back down to where I was and looking to lose another 20ish.

I noticed the smaller I got, or closer to average BMI, the harder it was or is to lose.

Your body naturally works with you to gets rid of extreme excessive weight, but when it's not that much, your bodies lazy lol.

You got this this though
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Now the fun begins! Change your focus from weight loss to sculpting. Keep a slight calorie deficit and start building, focussing on the muscles (shape) you want. Just be patient and realistic and enjoy learning new exercises.
  • guil0095
    guil0095 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! Way to go!
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    charmmeth wrote: »
    I feel for you: I am nearly 2/3 of the way to goal but loooking at my weight loss chart I suspect that this final third might take as long as the first two-thirds did!

This might be true but if the slower rate helps make the overall loss more easily maintained long term it's for the better.

Yes, I know that, but it is still frustrating when the eating and exercise patterns that have led to a 2kg loss per month since May seem suddenly to be more like maintenance than weight loss. I have bee nreading that this is not uncommon after three months (though it didn't happen to mbe last time) but think I should probably maintain for a while (a couple of months) and then try again to lose the final few kilos.
  • ketoandweim
    ketoandweim Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    It would be helpful if you could tell us what your "plan" has been so far and going forward. Are you strictly doing a caloric deficit prescribed by My Fitness Pal. Have you implemented regular exercise, and if so what kind and how long? That kind of info really helps inspire others. Great job, by the way!!!

My plan has been tracking daily, shooting for 1200-1600 calories a day, 50ish net carbs and a few 2-3 mile dog walks a week. Nothing crazy restrictive!
  • Annie42019
    Annie42019 Posts: 85 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    hatsumi141 wrote: »
    I feel you, I lost 70lbs. A few years back, gained about 20 back. Now I'm back down to where I was and looking to lose another 20ish.

I noticed the smaller I got, or closer to average BMI, the harder it was or is to lose.

Your body naturally works with you to gets rid of extreme excessive weight, but when it's not that much, your bodies lazy lol.

You got this this though

At age 58 I lost 2 pounds per week ( more the first month. Close to 3 pounds per week) until the very week I hit normal BMI. Then lost 1 pound per week til I was 10 pounds under that. Last 5 pounds took 10 weeks. 75 pounds in all. Once I hit normal BMI I felt and looked good so I wasn’t bothered by slower loss one bit. That slow loss would have been very discouraging in the beginning though.

You look amazing so you should feel great about loss so far and definitely not be discouraged.
  • pandry15
    pandry15 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    one thing I realized is that there are goals but no finish line... this journey of health we have embarked on is a lifetime thing... my failures in the past were due to "getting to the goal and getting done with the diet", I now realize as I'm losing weight that the "diet" (low carb) is just the way I will eat for the rest of my life - calories will be adjusted as needed.
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have 30 left but it’s getting slower and slower!! Just gotta remember to keep moving forward despite how small of a loss!! as0mqlbj0zwx.jpeg

Hi there, you may find information here that is helpful.
    He is excellent, and not trying to sell you anything😊

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIe2pR6PE0dae9BunJ38F7w

• babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Well done on your wgt loss!:)
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! I started out at 263, the first 60 pounds came off FAST, the last 35 has taken almost 3 years ( 2.75). It comes off an ounce here, 6 ounces there...some weeks i lose nothing. However it is all still progress! You look FANTASTIC!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!