Liquid diet

Options
Malwane
Malwane Posts: 14 Member
Hello all

Did anyone does liquid diet at some point of his life?
Can you tell what is your experience with it?

Regards

Replies

• Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I've bought Atkins chocolate shakes before -- I have some in my fridge now -- not to lose weight, but for when I'm in a big hurry and don't have time to make a meal. They're good for killing hunger and have 15 grams of protein and 1 gram of sugar per shake.

They're for an emergency, though. I prefer regular food.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Back in the early 70's, there was a recipe I followed with a friend of mine. We made our concoctions and did them for a week. It got old really fast. I lost 10 lbs. But they quickly found me when I went back to eating real food.
    As a quick answer, if you're using a strictly liquid diet to lose weight, forget it. :) It belongs in those fad articles that promise you'll lose 30 lbs a month.
  • BWA468
    BWA468 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I had 2 wisdom teeth out so am on a liquid diet at the moment. Not by choice. Missing decent food :( Dont do it to yourself! So much easier and sustainable eating actual food
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Malwane wrote: »
    Hello all

Did anyone does liquid diet at some point of his life?
    Can you tell what is your experience with it?

Regards

In 2018 I went a week without solids due to a medical event. I was hungry all the time and bowel movements turned to watered-down bile. When I was finally able to eat again even just mashed potatoes and bananas caused gastric pain for the next three days while my system got used to solids again.

Liquid diets are the worst.