Recommend me a fitness tracker watch

Options
Hi could someone recommend me a good fitness watch tracker
Not apple watch as its to pricey
Debating on a fitbit are there any others you would recommend preferably one I could order off amazon uk as i have a gift card to use thank you

Replies

• nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Hard to say... You can go to Fitbit's website and see a comparison based on which trackers have certain features. Do you need it water resistant? Want a heart rate monitor? Want GPS capability? Need it to store music?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    Options
    I personally love my Garmin and they have a wide range of products according to what you're looking for precisely.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    You might want to be aware Fitbit just introduced a number of new watches into their lineup. So you may want to wait til they get released or that may result in some of their older models being available cheap used.
  • dawnkirkwood18
    dawnkirkwood18 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I managed to buy a used Nike Apple Watch Series 3 when my Fitbit Blaze broke for the same price of a new Fitbit Versa or Blaze and cannot imagine going back now.
  • stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Avoid the mi band is all I can say. Very inaccurate.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit versa and love it!
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I’ve been enjoying my Fitbit Charge 4. It’s not a smart watch so it doesn’t have the bells and whistles of FitBit’s Versa or Iconic line (also looks like they’re launching a new one). It does what I want it to, steps, stairs, heart rate, auto tracks workouts, GPS enabled and sleep. Battery life if you’re not using GPS from the band (as opposed to from the app on your phone) a lot is pretty good too, 4-5 days. Oh, and it tells the time too!
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I’ve been enjoying my Fitbit Charge 4. It’s not a smart watch so it doesn’t have the bells and whistles of FitBit’s Versa or Iconic line (also looks like they’re launching a new one). It does what I want it to, steps, stairs, heart rate, auto tracks workouts, GPS enabled and sleep. Battery life if you’re not using GPS from the band (as opposed to from the app on your phone) a lot is pretty good too, 4-5 days. Oh, and it tells the time too!
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    It depends what you need/want

I have the inspire hr - my requirements were:
    - waterproof
    - track the exercises I need (plus a whole load more that I don't do)
    - it gives me a sleep score/how long I slept
    - it sends notifications from my phone.
    - It only needs charging every few days.

These were the things I needed but everyone is different :)
  • sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Personally I find those gadgets kind of useless. All those functions are easily tracked on most smartphones. Unless your training for an event or if you have a medical condition then I'm all for them.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    Options
    sal10851 wrote: »
    Personally I find those gadgets kind of useless. All those functions are easily tracked on most smartphones. Unless your training for an event or if you have a medical condition then I'm all for them.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'all those functions' but I find it a heck of a lot easier to track my activity level and steps on a wrist device than constantly having to have my cellphone on me when not sitting down. I tried that, drove me crazy.
  • bb_levi
    bb_levi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I bought a fitbit charge 3 earlier this year and have really enjoyed it. I specifically didn't want a smart watch as I wanted a tracker to get away from having my phone with me all the time. The charger 3 doesn't have GPS built in but will use the GPS from your phone if that's on you. Although I find I don't need to map out where I've been as i do the same routes over and over.

I now wear it around my ankle most of the time and just put it on my wrist if I'm actually on a run. I find the battery lasts almost a full week which is great.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Funny you say you wear it on your ankle - a long time ago I had a cheap wrist step tracker thing. I wore it one day at work on my wrist, I was standing in one spot for 8 hours, pouring off urines into test tubes and doing other hand repetitive motions. I had 17,000 steps that day LOL. Started wearing it on my ankle
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    sal10851 wrote: »

Definitely can't take my phone in the pool! I don't have pockets on many of the things I wear either. I'm not someone who wants to spend a lot of time on my phone. It suits me to check steps on my wrist without getting drawn into messages/emails and other notifications. Each to their own though.
  • JasmijnRF
    JasmijnRF Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I really like Garmin
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have an older Fitbit Alta and like it. I may upgrade to one that's waterproof when the new ones come out so I can wear it in the pool or while paddleboarding.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Vivoactive 3 and a Fitbit Versa 2. I’ve been a Garmin user for years and won the Fitbit at work. I have worn both for almost a year and will be transitioning to only Fitbit.

Garmin wins:
    * Battery life is way better
    * The “stress” measurement is always interesting
    * I think Garmin’s App Store is better developed

Fitbit wins:
    * More custom settings for exercises and more details about the exercises.
    * I find the sleep stats more helpful and accurate. And the exercise details.
    * Starbucks and Alexa apps are fun. So is the Bitmoji watch face 😝
    * Fitbit just added a separate calculation for exercise intensity minutes. This was the one measure Garmin had that Fitbit didn’t.
    * I don’t accidentally activate something on the Fitbit like I do in the Garmin. I always have to lock the Garmin screen (when unlocked, if you press and hold the screen a settings menu pops up) and then have to unlock it to do anything. It’s a hassle.

I bought new wristbands for each of them—metal magnetic ones.

I think there are newer versions of each watch right now.