Taco Talk

Options
Maximus
Maximus Posts: 12,256 Member
How do you like them? Where do you get them.

Discuss.

Replies

• starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I like soft bean tacos (Taco Cabbana black beans are yummy, though not very "good")...I don't eat meat now but I used to love chicken soft tacos from any where.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I make shredded beef tacos with the left over potroast I make.
    Mmmm...
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Steak Tacos! with onion and cilantro! and a hot salsa!.....damn!
  • aunt_hbomb
    Options
    I make 'em myself. Ground turkey with chopped up pieces of mushrooms mixed in. I get a little extra fiber and the filling goes further. I prefer the crispy shells, but there are some great whole grain soft shell alternatives out there.

Mmm, going to have to make them tonight. Thanks.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I only eat the tacos I make..... what I'd really like to learn is how to make the tortillas... corn ... not flour (eckkkk)....and I'm eating tacos, not tostadas, so please, no 'hard' shells. Last night I had grilled shrimp tacos with avocado and salsa... very yummy. :smile:
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Soft-shell chicken tacos are the bestttt. Shredded chicken, diced tomato, shredded lettuce, cheese, and some hot sauce are all I need.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    love the little street tacos in Mexico. Yum.

they're in smaller corn tortillas that are all greased up. then they put the steak or carnitas, or carne al pastor along with some cilantro, grilled onions and some lime.

:cry: I want one now...
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Are we talking about on a good day or a cheat day?!? LOL!

On a bad day, my favorite tacos are Jimboy's tacos, straight up how they come. On a good day, I make them at home. :happy:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Carne asada, slow-cooked barbacoa (Chihuahua style), lengua (tounge meat) and tripitas (pork intestines) are my faves. Don't judge 'til you try 'em, baby.

Tacos, by definition, have to be on a small corn tortilla. Flour is for burritos and hard corn are for Taco Bell.

Gotta have your diced onion and cilantro. Gotta have some hot chile, red or green depending on the taco contents.

Nothing beats homemade. Well... assuming that the person making them knows what he/she is doing.

Carry on...
  • janegeno
    janegeno Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I feel cheated this topic is about food.

Ahem, anyway, I make them out of ground turkey and McCormick Schilling seasoning mix on a base of sauteed diced onions and bell peppers or beef shredded by slow cooking it with cumin and oregano in a crock pot. I prefer whole wheat tortillas to crunchy shells. If I am at a Mexican restaurant I go for the chiles rellenos, not the tacos.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    If I am at a Mexican restaurant I go for the chiles rellenos, not the tacos.
    Oh man... a nice fat chile relleno burrito with some beans makes this guy very happy.
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I don't even bother trying to make them healthy. If I'm going to have tacos, I'm going to enjoy them, dammit! Lol. Honestly, I love Taco Bell tacos, crunchy with just ground beef and shredded cheese. If I make them at home, I use Old El Paso stand-up shells and 95% lean ground beef and shredded cheddar.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Carne asada, slow-cooked barbacoa (Chihuahua style), lengua (tounge meat) and tripitas (pork intestines) are my faves. Don't judge 'til you try 'em, baby.

Tacos, by definition, have to be on a small corn tortilla. Flour is for burritos and hard corn are for Taco Bell.

Gotta have your diced onion and cilantro. Gotta have some hot chile, red or green depending on the taco contents.

Nothing beats homemade. Well... assuming that the person making them knows what he/she is doing.

Carry on...

I'm drooling!!!!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options

Carry on...

I'm drooling!!!!
    My profile pic often has that effect.
  • La_Amazona
    Options

Carry on...

I'm drooling!!!!

Uh yeah. :huh:
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

Carry on...

Oh yummm! Tacos de lengua or
    Carnitas, but the real carnitas. You know the ones you make at home in the copper caso...MMMM
  • CaptainGordo
    Options

Carry on...

I'm drooling!!!!

Uh yeah. :huh:
    :laugh:
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Carnitas, but the real carnitas. You know the ones you make at home in the copper caso...MMMM
    ESO! Nice! May as well cook up some chicharron too, right? Ah, good stuff!