Bad Health and Bad Habits effecting me across the board

Options
TheLastMrBig
TheLastMrBig Posts: 219 Member
August 21st check I blew $161 (out of $717)on fast food. I have $266 left of the check
August 7th check I blew $169 (out of $361) on Onlyfans and Patreon subscriptions (i eventually got a refund of all money this past week)
On just this year alone I’ve spent $ 1,122 dollars on ordering food. I did all calculations

Bottom line: It costs you your health, energy, and wallet when you’re eating unhealthy and lack energy

This month within the last 2 weeks alone I’ve leftover $400 dollars of work hours and potential overtime all due to HEALTH reasons. The best ability is the availability while I have changed my eating habits drastically for the better it means nothing if I don’t tighten up on exercise and get some energy to be able to work and provide for myself

When you don't love yourself you tend to overcompensate for someone or people around you. Thinking if you make them happy then internally that'll make your environment happy which you hope will lead to your happiness. I try to buy my acceptance and love from my family but it never works. Self-preservation should be my only focus

Replies

• newyorkanna
    newyorkanna Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Looking back over my weight loss career (oh, it's a career for me at this point), I have done my best weight loss work when I start from a place of self love, not self disgust. I need to start each day (each meal!) with love for myself now, as I am right in this moment, so that I do the right thing for myself. I cannot wait to love myself until I am at goal weight, or within 20 lbs of it, etc.

We have to love ourselves enough right now to face the day with a plan, optimism and hope. That is the key for me, and I am finally back in that mindset. It really is one day (one meal!) at a time for me, but as long as I tap in to something about me that I truly love, I am at a great starting point and will honor that part of me by eating healthy, planning my meals, getting in exercise, etc.

You got this! Every day (meal!) is a chance to start anew, so go for it! We are all rooting for you. <3B)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Have you ever talked with counselors about the issue you have of having to 'buy' people's love and acceptance?
    We do things, hoping to be accepted, validated, loved, respected. And none of it works if we don't love ourselves. :( What's that song that says 'looking for love in all the wrong places'?
    You will be demon free and find the beautiful wonderful you that's struggling to climb up and over all the obstacles you've put in front of yourself. It'll mean patience and kindness with yourself. Treat yourself as your best friend, know that you deserve goodness in your life.
    I'm not sure what beliefs I have about a greater entity in this world but know there is something much bigger and greater than us lowly humans. :) But I do know we all get only one ride and it's up to each of us to make the best of it. Love yourself, respect yourself, accept yourself.....first.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    *snip*

Bottom line: It costs you your health, energy, and wallet when you’re eating unhealthy and lack energy

*more snip*

When you don't love yourself you tend to overcompensate for someone or people around you. Thinking if you make them happy then internally that'll make your environment happy which you hope will lead to your happiness. I try to buy my acceptance and love from my family but it never works. Self-preservation should be my only focus

Not sure if music is your thing or if basketball is your thing. In the last 12 hours, I got introduced to a super simple song (with a 😱 beat).

The lyrics are about having a positive support network to fuel your progress similar to what Kobe Bryant did to keep up his incessant drive to succeed on the court. Kobe apparently called this his "Mamba Mentality" and even wrote a book with this title.

If you're gonna spend money, then consider spending it on Kobe's book instead of adult content subscriptions online? Heck, if you check, you may even get an ebook download free of this (or other self-help books that speak to your soul and situation) from your local library.

In the meantime, here's the song...

https://youtu.be/zYxJ0S2pEEk

Keep getting after it @TheLastMrBig. You're on the road to progress. I see you getting better every time I catch your posts. It just takes time and an increasingly supportive environment.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Brother, do yourself a favor and give a listen to this man motivating as hell, real as hell.

https://youtu.be/waXXq-ItRWE