Glute Imbalance

Options
Hi, I have noticed my left glute is smaller than my right. What exercises are good to fix that? I’m having trouble feeling the exercises in my left glute. My right thigh is slightly smaller than my left as well. So I’m confused as to how to work on both since it’s on different legs. If that makes sense.

Thanks.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    @chieflrg???

My non-professional advice is to do exercises that work each leg separately. Split squats, lunges, single leg leg-press, etc.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Why there is absolutely nothing wrong with ISO work for general fitness training, usually this type of concern is overthought and barbell work is top shelf choice for efficiency reasons.

We all have muscle imbalances of size and strength because we are human. Almost every goal except bodybuilding, we aren't concerned about near immediate fixes.

So generally speaking there is no real concern on how to fix something that really isn't a problem since it extremely common.

Extra work on one side that has experienced less hypertrophy over your lifetime doesn't equate to more muscle. I think most people get confused that more work equals more results which isn't typically the case.

Just train within a well balanced program and eventually these things work themselves out as we progress over time.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My left leg and glute is generally weaker than my right side. I really have to push to complete the set for the left side. As mentioned, Bulgarian split squat (one of my personal favorites), cable kick back, single leg glute bridge, single leg RDL’s.