basitrider007 Posts: 1 Member
edited August 2020 in Getting Started
i am 23 years old
weight 138 kg
height 182 cm

and 3 days streak i am using MFP to count my intake goals are:

calorie carbs fat protein sodium sugar
kcal2500 313g 83g 125g 2300mg 94g

i am trying to take less than goal recommended to lose weight and its been 3 days I am still continuing
but the only exercises i am doing are
1- fast walking for 45 mins
2- rope jumping for 10 mins

but sometimes i miss doing these exercises, and i am wondering if i doing well and continue doing these steps or is there some changes needs to be done.

Replies

• threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    How often do you weigh yourself?
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Keep weighing and recording your foods. Walking is great exercise. Set realistic goals. I set my mfp to lose 1 lb a week. Sometimes I lose more than that though.

I personally find if I set it to lose more than 1 lb that I get too hungry and can’t stick with it. You have to determine what settings work best for you though. Also, remember that exercise calories are just estimates (I subtract about 20% off whatever the app says I burned so that I don’t accidentally over eat). Eat back some or all of your exercise calories, again it’s going to take some trial and error to see what works for you.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    You need about 4-6 weeks of data to review your progress properly.

For information on accurate logging and using MFP to it's full potential. Read the Stickies (Most Helpful Post thread pinned at the top of each board).
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    i am 23 years old
    weight 138 kg
    height 182 cm

and 3 days streak i am using MFP to count my intake goals are:

calorie carbs fat protein sodium sugar
    kcal2500 313g 83g 125g 2300mg 94g

i am trying to take less than goal recommended to lose weight and its been 3 days I am still continuing
    but the only exercises i am doing are
    1- fast walking for 45 mins
    2- rope jumping for 10 mins

but sometimes i miss doing these exercises, and i am wondering if i doing well and continue doing these steps or is there some changes needs to be done.

If you should be eating 2500 calories then eat them. Make sure you learn what you need to learn about logging like using a food scale and personally verifying that the MFP database entries you select have the correct calorie information. This includes green checked items and scanned barcodes.

Start making notes of how the day is going or has gone for you. Pay attention to your hunger. If you have an easy day start looking at ways of replicating it. If you have a hard day look for ways to make it easier. Make your goal the PROCESS of losing weight not whatever happens on the scale. You have to keep refining your process so that you can stick to it even on the "blah" days. You can't find out from us what you need to be doing when it comes to self management. We can give you ideas but you have to experiment. The exact details of what has worked for me will unlikely work for you.