I am tired of being fat

Options
Yes, this is true, I am tired of being tired and not knowing what to do. Have never been on a diet for more than a day. So. hello new friends.

Replies

• hilla1996
    hilla1996 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    what are your stats?

I am starting a new nutrition plan and goals
  • catmama256
    catmama256 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Excellent. You're better off now than you'll ever know. You haven't dieted in your entire lifetime. You've just won the lottery. You win everything. I don't know many people like you.

Don't start none. Won't be none.

You don't ever have to start a diet. Eat the foods you enjoy and moderate your portions. Track your data points and keep tooling along. The best diet is the one that improves your health. It's not complicated and you're way ahead of the curve. You've got the jump-start on this thing. Your head isn't filled with dieting dogma and you won't have to fight the mind warp that comes from way too much dieting, eating it all back, starting over and over again.

You're right in the pocket to take all of the prizes. Follow the yellow brick road and I'm looking forward to your success story.

• MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Excellent. You're better off now than you'll ever know. You haven't dieted in your entire lifetime. You've just won the lottery. You win everything. I don't know many people like you.

Don't start none. Won't be none.

You don't ever have to start a diet. Eat the foods you enjoy and moderate your portions. Track your data points and keep tooling along. The best diet is the one that improves your health. It's not complicated and you're way ahead of the curve. You've got the jump-start on this thing. Your head isn't filled with dieting dogma and you won't have to fight the mind warp that comes from way too much dieting, eating it all back, starting over and over again.

You're right in the pocket to take all of the prizes. Follow the yellow brick road and I'm looking forward to your success story.

superb answer
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    @MiNinaLisa

That first diet is one of the biggest regrets of my entire lifetime. :|
  • MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Many people here did awesome transformations, change your habits become the good version of you not because you hate your body but because you love it and want it to be the better

Check success stories in the fourms you will be motivated

You can do it 💪
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Just follow the getting started instructions, set a number of calories to consume and go for it. It works. Calories in/calories out is all you need to worry about. You don't need to choose any particular "diet" to lose weight. Different folks make different choices but if you eat fewer calories than you use each day, you will lose weight. It's as simple as that.

The hard part for most of us is sticking to it. We've developed a habit of eating too much and we need to change that. Some folks do it by eliminating some things from their diet but only do that if it helps you stay in control. Other folks choose particular times or number of meals per day but only do what works for you. Some strive for high volume/low calorie eating so they can eat a lot. Do what works for you.

Finding out what works for you takes a bit of trial and error. One thing that works for me is ending my eating day with mixed nuts, carefully weighed and measured. That might not work for you. Some folks end their eating day with ice cream, others choose a particular time. Do what works for you.

Welcome to the gang!
  • wabisabigio
    wabisabigio Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello and good luck on your journey! Try always to drink plenty of water (and no sweetend drinks) and walk as much as you can. When you are bored, get up and walk, when you are tired, get up and walk, when you are feeling anxious... you get the idea ;) I'm saying this not knowing anything about you of course...
  • cpnknight
    cpnknight Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is true, I am tired of being tired and not knowing what to do. Have never been on a diet for more than a day. So. hello new friends.

DON'T start a "diet"!...

Start weighing and tracking your foods and your calorie intake.
    This "journey" is about changing your eating habits, not about temporary weight loss.
    I was told by an NHS dietician that regardless of what you write down, your body will keep an absolutely accurate log of what you consume!
    So fill in your log as accurately as you can, both the good and the bad. Gradually you will change your eating habits and the weight will begin to drop away...
  • cathyb60
    cathyb60 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm not new to MFP but I am new to participating. I have been following this thread and feel motivated! I need to start changing my habits and get this done! Everyone on here is so supportive.
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    Where have all the flowers gone? You still here, @cathyb60 and eventsbylauranaredo