Need New MFP Friends :)

Options
Hi! I'm super new (4 hours in) and would love to gain a lot of MFP friends to offer advice and encouragement as I attempt to tackle 30 pounds in less than 90 days! :happy:

Do you have any ideas/advice on what has worked for you lately?

Replies

• afigueroa_pr
    Options
    Calorie counting and at least one hour of exercise.
    My technique is limiting my calories to 1500 a day and 30 minutes of cardio plus 30 minutes of strength training.
  • steelguy54
    steelguy54 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! What works for me is getting my meals in and no fast food.
  • gr82run
    gr82run Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 35 lbs in 12 weeks by sticking to 1200-1400 calories/day and an hour of exercise 6 days/week: 3 strength training days, 3 cardio, alternating. 1 day of rest! I did not eat my exercise calories during that time frame, but I do now. :-) I've lost 55 to date and finally a 'normal' bmi.
  • Kambriasgranny
    Options
    Welcome.....I am a former WW member and found that this is much easier and FREE!!! Be honest with your daily intake and limit yourself to 1200-1400 calories a day to see any progress. It's fun to see your progress laid out before you everyday! Exercise is essential for any healthy routine, so try to get some good workouts in too. I have only been here a few weeks, but 4 pounds lighter.......good luck!
  • deex18
    deex18 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    hi!! im new too and wanna lose s much s i can!!! finding this site brillliant and makes me more accountable for what im eating which should help!! good luck to u!! add me if u lik!!
  • sigsone
    sigsone Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    It can be done, will require dedication to your goal, cleaner eating, and excercise. Just remember to stay focus and commited. Welcome to MFP where you will find an unlimited amount of support. You can add me.
  • puglove3
    Options
    I'm new as well, welcome!
  • iHeartLakia
    Options
    OMG! Thank you guys for all of the tips. I can't wait to start tracking my progress. It's so eye opening how many calaries I take in without thinking. This is truly holding myself accountable for every single thing. I plan on adding everyone so invites here I come :)