Which exercise is your nemesis? 😈

Options

Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,385 Member
    Options
    Full snatch - I’m going to learn to perform that sucker if it’s the last thing I do.
  • BahstenB10
    BahstenB10 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Burpees... 😩

I'm with ya, I hate burpees!

I think I am weird. I <3 burpees!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Also full side planks. (knees not touching the floor) This kills my hips and I can't balance. I feel ridiculous doing them.
  • foster1503
    foster1503 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Bench press for me.
    Just seems like my arms are too long and it's such a long way. Hate it
  • PennyP312
    PennyP312 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hip thrusts and split squats.
    Can’t seems to get heavy hip thrusts down, something always feels awkward!
    And split squats...I’m sure it’s form but anything heavy kills my knees ☹️
  • DevilsFan1
    DevilsFan1 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    foster1503 wrote: »
    Bench press for me.
    Just seems like my arms are too long and it's such a long way. Hate it

I feel you. It's the most technical of the Big 3, and it's the one I always seem to injure myself on. Just let me squat and deadlift.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I’m in a battle for chaturanga and to reclaim my headstand.

Chaturanga is more urgent, because doing it with bad form quickly adds up to cause injury for me.
  • MarttaHP
    MarttaHP Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Really anything strength training-related. It's so boring and unrewarding. (Running is my jam.) I only do it because it's recommended for health. Plus of course I like the way I look with some muscle definition (though I suspect that might be more a function of me having a fairly low BF % due to all the cardio I do rather than being super swole).
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Many actually, but my biggest nemesis is Overhead Press. I do it as part of the 5x5 routine, but a few times I have injured my shoulder. I have seen videos and looked for help, but still having issues 😥😥😥
  • wabisabigio
    wabisabigio Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sideplanks are the worst for me, especially with leg raises, my legs hurt so much and I can't find my balance. And having such little arm muscles, anything that requires arm muscles.... I'm such a mess!!
  • wabisabigio
    wabisabigio Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Running/jogging. I've tried for 37 years since running crossing cross county when I was 12 and I still think it's torture. It's so boring.

Have you tried with correct running shoes? They changed my life! And music obviously, with the right jam it's much easier!! (I know these are very obvious comments, but maybe you hadn't thought about it before) :)
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    ABabilonia wrote: »
    Many actually, but my biggest nemesis is Overhead Press. I do it as part of the 5x5 routine, but a few times I have injured my shoulder. I have seen videos and looked for help, but still having issues 😥😥😥

Hmm, you may like this fairly recent thread: "Overhead Press *whines* WHY ARE THEY SO HARD?"

And @Chieflrg has a thread you (and others in this thread with lift or form challenges) may want to view: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10756076/barbell-form-check-e-g-squats-deadlift-benching-presses/p1
  • Isca_1
    Isca_1 Posts: 124 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Bulgarian split squats...I'm kind of a clutz.
    I have to stay close to something so I can get my balance. One day! One day! I will get it!
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,097 Member
    Options
    Anything to do with sliders. Omg. To go from mountain climbers to slider mountain climbers? I die.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Updating to say PLANKS became my nemesis and tried to stop me from being great. Scabs ALL over my elbows since the start of last month.

My elbows are much better now and the situation forced me to try other variants (ex forearm to standard, side, singles, hip dip, bird dog, etc) to alleviate the stress.

How's everyone else doing with their nemeses? Hmm, nemesi?! lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Mine has always been hamstring exercises. As much as I work on them, they just don't respond the same as all my other bodyparts.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Squats. I can bench nearly as much and deadlift almost 50% more.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,097 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Updating to say PLANKS became my nemesis and tried to stop me from being great. Scabs ALL over my elbows since the start of last month.

My elbows are much better now and the situation forced me to try other variants (ex forearm to standard, side, singles, hip dip, bird dog, etc) to alleviate the stress.

How's everyone else doing with their nemeses? Hmm, nemesi?! lol

Ugh. Just used sliders this morning during camp. I think they were “knee tuck/power plank jacks” or something like that. Still incredibly difficult. Still trying. 😵

Planks are great though. Good for you! Glad your elbows are better.
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Burpees, or any kind of getting up and down on the floor and putting body weight in my arms, so like crawling into plank position from standing.

Also, I can't run. I would love to be able to, but ever time I try I can feel my bones jangling and my knees creaking. i have unrealized fantasies of becoming a runner.
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Weighted Bulgarian Split Squats 😫