omg! help!

Options
i eat... and 3 hours later i want more food. I know i should eat something healthy but there arn't many healthy options available at this time. I live on campus and i cant go buy my healthy fruits and veggies until next week. any suggestions?

Replies

• polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Water
    Gum (that really helps me)
    Fiber One bars...
    Fresh Veggies...

Just fill up on good stuff!!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you have access to, so I can't help. Living on campus shouldn't restrict your access to fruits and veggies, there's always a bowl with apples, oranges, and bananas in any cafeteria I've been in. When I was in college I was always leaving the cafeteria with food for later know that I need to eat ever 2 to 3 hours. You need to start planning for this.
  • DallasLeann
    Options
    Popcorn...I have been told it's empty calories, but I find it to be filling for not a whole lot of calories.
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    lean protein? not sure what your choices are but most campuses have something that you can make work. grilled chicken sandwich and skip the bun...side salad, fresh fruit (even the gas stations sell this) if you have to go for something snacky like pick what will do the least damage, fat free pretzel sticks, yogurt, popcorn-not butter lovers:) good luck to you
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    when you eat, make sure to eat protein...and try to limit your sugar

I find if I eat protein, it takes longer for the hunger to creep up on me
  • natalie7015
    natalie7015 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Add more protien to your diet. That has helped me. I eat eggs or egg beaters in the morning. Lettuce and lots of veggies at the salad bar at lunch and dinner. Just stay away from the cream and cheesy soups (loved the cheesy potato soup in college) but eat broth soups when offered. Also try cottage cheese, and vinagrette dressings instead of creams. mustard is great too on sandwhiches. It's hard living on campus. Get some protien (low sugar) drinks next week at the store to have on hand. I like the Atkins ones. They are 160 cals and very low sugars. Fills me up in the morning on the go and then I like the smokehouse almonds too. Try getting some measuring cups and snack size baggies then fill for the week to have in your bag. Just some quick thoughts.
  • chubbychristianchick
    Options
    Lean protien and apples! I'm telling you one or two apples and i'm full all day... most campuses have those... also i would do pretzels but also you need protien too cheese sticks?
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Meal planning helps me a lot. I have a spreadsheet that plans my weekly meals. My snacks include, carrot sticks, cheese sticks, instant oatmeal, and twizzlers! Hope this helps!
  • ShannonTodd
    ShannonTodd Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If you can, take a small container to the dining hall on campus, and stock up on enough healthy snacks to tide you over.
  • Kambriasgranny
    Options
    Keep a Zone bar or an apple with you....I cut up my Zone bar and eat half when I am craving something sweet. Fresh fruit is great too. I have been chewing a lot of gum lately....takes the cravings for sweets away and I get a little burst of flavor. I keep several sugarfree flavors around all the time.
  • rbloedow
    rbloedow Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Meal planning helps me a lot. I have a spreadsheet that plans my weekly meals. My snacks include, carrot sticks, cheese sticks, instant oatmeal, and twizzlers! Hope this helps!

This.
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    carrots and pb. a little high calorie/carb, but I am too full to even look at the fridge. same with eggs, you can microwave those if that's all you have access to. and I take an extra apple or orange from the dining halls if I need to.
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    any cereal is the best option you can have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    your food diary is empty. we might as well suggest that you fill up on sand.

hey, why don't you fill up on sand?
  • rbloedow
    rbloedow Posts: 47 Member
    Options

I like this :) It's hard to take people seriously, or give them sound advice on how to troubleshoot a problem, when you can't even see the complete picture of what they're eating. I have a feeling that dilligence in recording, and knowing your true intake, is quite often the real problem for many people.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Btw-- you're supposed to be hungry 3 hours after you eat. That's sorta how it works.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a refrigerator? Buy some cottage cheese. You can put fruit, nuts, even strawberry preserves in with it - or just plain. I love cottage cheese, it is a great source of protein and leaves me feeling full for awhile. I traveled recently and when I got to my hotel, I immediately walked to the nearest grocery store and picked up some cottage cheese to have on hand. You should be able to get it almost anywhere - most convenience stores have cottage cheese.

Also... sand.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options

harsh but true....
  • diiiimond
    diiiimond Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If you have nothing positive to say just avoid posting.... I havent been logging lately because of school but i do like the SUPPORT and advice that i get on the message boards here so i decided to come with my problem.

But for inquiring minds... i woke up too late for breakfast so for lunch i had a piece of boneless chicken and a garden salad with no dressing. That was at 12. At 3 i was hungry again and i really wanted something salty. (i know, i know bad.) So i got a subway oven roasted chicken breast sandwich.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    If you have nothing positive to say just avoid posting.... I havent been logging lately because of school but i do like the SUPPORT and advice that i get on the message boards here so i decided to come with my problem.

Oh sorry..... let me try again.

Don't worry girl! I know it's tough! Keep up the good fight! You'll get there! ***huggie wuggies*** It doesn't matter what you eat or how much you eat or what time you eat or whether or not you eat as long as you stay positive! Yay!!!