tummy tone up

Options
I’ve had three beautiful children, but I now hate the tummy from having them, anyone know a good way to tone the stomach up?

Replies

• heidi599
    Options
    that's my problem area too...my trainer has said sprints will trim your stomach. Intervals has really helped me. I run at a slow pace for a few min to warm up then I'll run at a fast pace for 2 minutes and slow it down again. hills are good for that too. Getting your heart rate up then down in intervals is a great burner.

I've had 2 boys, first was 10 lbs when he was born, I had my 2nd last December. Still working on it! :)
  • 44longcopse
    44longcopse Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try the exercise called the plank, you should be able to find some illustrated directions on the internet. I used to do 200 stomach crunches a day but a friend told me about the plank exercise and I can definately feel that it works so much better.
  • spade74
    Options
    thanks guys, that helps me out alot. :) i will start working on it!!!
  • sandyw1482000
    Options
    Gotta just love those kiddies. I have two myself. Recently joined up with this site and have found that doing cardio is very good to generally melt the fat off your body in an even way. If you are doing some ab toning, don't just ' spot exercise" with ab crunches, but rather mix it up with some kind of cardio... eg: jumping jacks, skipping, at a more intense pace. The ball has also been a great help..to strengthen the ab muscle. It is said that the toned strengthened muscles also help to get rid of the layer of fat we get from making our beautiful babies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix90dNhKyuA&feature=related

Try to keep within the " net calories" (..for me, that is 1200 cals per day)...Taking Omega 3-6-9 capsules is a good supplement that helps to deal with the bad fat in our tummy. Remember, do not sabotage your working out and toning by overeating calories. Eat small portions often, maybe 5 times day.

Best of luck to you...Soon girl.. we would get back the bodies we knew and be stronger, feeling and looking beautiful too.
  • ShannonTodd
    ShannonTodd Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I totally feel your pain! I have two beautiful kids - ages 7 and 2.5 - and my stomach shows it. It's a badge of honor I'm glad I have.
    What's really helped me is doing some of the TaeBo workouts. I don't know what my measurements were before I started the workouts, but I can definitely tell the difference in the mirror and the way my clothes fit.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Zumba! Burns a ton of calories so you lose weight quickly, plus it really tones the tummy.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    cardio will help you drop pounds, then core workouts will help bring out the muscles.

Make sure you do not have a hernia or separated abs before doing crunches--if you do have a separation, crunches will actually make it look WORSE! (Many women have a hernia/separated abs after multiple pregnancies--it is not usually a medical problem, but you just want to be aware so you don't work hard and end up making yourself look worse).

I find paddle boarding to be a fantastic core and upper-body workout--I really don't do any other upper body work, but paddling 2-3 times a week keeps my arms and abs in fantastic shape.

blessings.
  • spade74
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your great tips, will being using them for sure!