Does anyone freak out when they only have 500+ calories left, and they still have to have dinner?

Options
cyaneverfat
cyaneverfat Posts: 527 Member
I'm like this, but it can be with as many as 1500 calories. I don't know what I eat for dinner most nights, because my mom cooks, and she doesn't like listing out all the ingrediants she uses, and she doesn't weigh the food. I just guess that dinners are between 500 and 1000 calories.

I also struggle to stay under a certain calorie amount on days that I don't go for a 90 minute or longer walk. How do you lose weight without exercise?

Thanks

Replies

• cyaneverfat
    cyaneverfat Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    Could you offer to cook a few nights a week, so you have more control over the calories?

Probably a good idea
  • lorimiller18
    lorimiller18 Posts: 26 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    No, i hired a PT and he has me on a reverse diet because I've been living on the "1200 calories standard lose weight " diet for years. Ive had to add almost 500 calories to my diet daily, and I IF! But his results speak for themselves. I never realized how difficult eating more was going to be, especially in such small eating windows. Meal prepping, food diary and weighing everything is the only way to go though, you'd be surprised how much you may under or over eat.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    500 calories can actually be a filling dinner.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    If I don’t have enough calories left and i still have dinner left, I will do some exercise before dinner.

If I don’t have time to exercise, then I try to eat a reasonable dinner and understand that I am going to go over my goals for the day.

That said, you should definitely get involved in meal prep so you can accurately weigh and measure your dinner. Guessing is how most of us ended up here trying to lose weight in the first place.