Labs...

Options
Hello all!! I went in to the doctor today for some follow up blood work. I was afraid I have hypothryodism and thats why I wanted my blood drawn. They also did some other tests.

My Cholesteral is 159
Truglycerides are 38
HDL chol 56
LDL is 95

He said that these are some of the best levels that he has seen so that made me very happy!!

On the down side I was kinda right about the thryoid. My TSH was 3.9 and he said that he declares hypothryodism at 4.0 so I am very close. He said that he can put me on medicine but we can wait a few months to see what my levels do, so we decided to wait and see.

I have lost about 5-6 lbs this month starting on my journey. I feel that I should have lost more, so I wonder if my thryoid is causing me to not lose weight as fast, as this is a symptom.

I just wanted to see if anyone had some advice!

Thanks!!

KRista

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I couldn't give better advice than your Dr. But 5-6 lbs in a month is a good rate of weight loss. Congrats on that, and especially on the healthy blood work!! Nothing, not even skinny, beats healthy.
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Try to cut down on processed carbs for a month. That should help you some with your TSH levels, and it should help you to lose weight quicker. But, 5-6 lbs in a month is not a bad loss. You really should only lose 2 lbs a week to keep it off.
  • muskiemama
    Options
    My mother has hypothyroidism and she has always had a problem losing weight. I have hyperthyriodism even though I am heavy. ( I know, doesn't really make sense.)
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    My tsh level was 84 in june, mid july 35. My dr put me on meds but I had terrible symptoms- not losing ANY weight, constantly tired, irritable and he told me that some people feel different at different levels. Some people may feel normal with a tsh level of 10 and so.they stay at that level. I think it really depends on how you feel. By the way I've had no negative side effects from the meds.