Motivation!

What motivates you the most to lose weight or eat well

Replies

• steph6556
    steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
    Vanity reasons. It’s awesome to look fabulous in anything I put on and to feel that high after a great workout!!
  • janisrossignol
    janisrossignol Posts: 1 Member
    Hi @cathrynjtaylor ! This is my first time on the MFP boards and I came here looking for this exactly! Actually, I was wondering if anyone listens to any motivational podcasts, or even great audible books (free stuff would be great 😉). I need to lose about 50 lbs and I always start out strong, then a couple months in I start to waver, then it's all downhill☹.
    I'm thinking that some more motivational tools might help when things start to go off track.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    new clothes
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Improving my running and cycling (or at least making it easier). Also, keeping my blood pressure down without taking meds.

I sometimes get a little kick out of seeing my lean-ish body in pictures, but it would never be enough to motivate me. I need a performance goal to keep me on track.
  • Sprinlyn
    Sprinlyn Posts: 12 Member
    Looking better. Being healthier. It makes it easier to exercise. Fitting into smaller clothes. Making new friends through my fitness hobbies!