Just starting

Options
Hi, my name is Gina and I just joined My Fitness Pal today. I have been overweight the majority of my life and have tried every diet known to man. I would be successful for a little while and then return to my unhealthy eating habits. I am 43 years old and suffering for not being more vigilant about my health. I have diabetes and high blood pressure. My knees are giving me a fit. My doctor recommended this site to me and I am so happy that she did. Of course, this site offers nutrition and exercise advic. The tools that i have seen like the food journal are wonderful. I am hoping that others on this site will provide support, understanding and advice and I can provide the same to them. Good luck everyone.

Replies

• cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend for support.
  • dannylives
    Options
    Its a good site, you should start walking and get on here everyday. :)
  • shmo1969
    shmo1969 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love this site!!! Best of luck to you and you can add me if you want. :)
  • bobdawg65
    bobdawg65 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You may also add me as a supporter. Good luck with it! Holler if you have questions about tips on the site.
  • SLKMERC
    SLKMERC Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi Gina, although i've been on here for a while I am too just starting as I've just finally got my head in the right frame of mind for weight loss and hopefully the rest should follow! Feel free to add me as a friend, we can support each other!
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Welcome Gina, and good luck, feel free to add me too :)
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi !! also new want to wish you lots of luck on your journey!!!!
  • debclif
    debclif Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Logged on for my 25th day today, and I have to say this is one of my most favorite sites of all time. down 10 lbs in about a month, expecting to slow down but hey you never know.

Good luck with all of your weight loss! I consider it a change of life. Remember to stay strong even when you are sitting in front of whatever you love to eat!
  • smf121770
    Options
    HEY I just started on Wednesday!! We are in the same boat! Let's wish us both luck!