Different attraction: have you seen a guy/girl that you are normally not attracted too?

Options
jbboom23
jbboom23 Posts: 15 Member
what about them that you found extremely attractive? Someone that doesn't usually fit your box?

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    I don’t have a type so I guess I don’t know when someone is outside the box for me. I have definitely been attracted to types of men who would not be attracted to my type though, if that makes sense. And I’ve been attracted to many different ethnicities, so to people who look nothing like me..

I’m probably overthinking this question but I think it’s a good one
  • accio_doughnuts
    accio_doughnuts Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Confidence, kindness, sense of humour and style are four things that can carry a man far.

I used to date this guy who wasn’t a real looker but he was intelligent and witty, really kind to everyone, he carried himself well, had a ton of confidence and really knew how to dress for his body, all this together made him so sexy to me, my friends didn’t get it though 😂
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I used to have a definite type looks-wise but now I am more attracted to the energy and depth of a man - how he carries himself, his intelligence and wit, drive and ambition, empathy and kindness etc...
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    hrichts wrote: »
    I don’t have a type so I guess I don’t know when someone is outside the box for me. I have definitely been attracted to types of men who would not be attracted to my type though, if that makes sense. And I’ve been attracted to many different ethnicities, so to people who look nothing like me..

love you- but how do you know they aren't attracted to you?
    (I know - Im too literal)
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    Big shiny brains go a very long way for me. If he is super intelligent without being condescending, its a drawers dropper.
  • accio_doughnuts
    accio_doughnuts Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    KickTheSky wrote: »
    The older I get, the more my tastes have changed. It's nearly all about the looks for me now. I don't have time for any of the meaningful stuff. I've already had one heart attack. Even though a nice bone-in delmonico is within my means, I want a filet every time now.

So that’s why you dumped me 💔
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @jbboom23 It's chemistry. It's not supposed to make sense. Gotta a song for you.

I been thinkin' about our love situation
    All this attraction in the present tense
    I've reached the only logical conclusion
    Love ain't supposed to make sense

This ain't no thinkin' thing, right brain, left brain
    It goes a little deeper than that
    It's a chemical, physical, emotional devotion
    Passion that we can't hold back
    There's nothin' that we need to analyze
    There ain't no rhyme, or reason why
    'Cause this ain't, this ain't, no thinkin' thing

Forget mathematical equations
    Self-help psychology
    Gray matter don't matter much darlin'
    When it's gettin' down to you and me, oh

This ain't no thinkin' thing, right brain, left brain
    It goes a little deeper than that
    It's a chemical, physical, emotional devotion
    Passion that we can't hold back
    There ain't no rhyme, or reason why

There ain't no rhyme or reason why
    This ain't, no this ain't, no thinkin' thing
    This ain't no thinkin' thing, girl, no
    No this ain't no thinkin' thing
    This ain't no thinkin' thing
    Ain't no thinkin' thing, girl
    This ain't no thinkin' thing, baby
    This ain't this ain't this ain't. no thinkin' thing
    This ain't no thinkin' thing

Trace Adkins (This Ain’t) No Thinkin’ Thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecvS9dNNDlY

• Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    😏 second sentence 😏 Anyway... I don't have a type physically. I only require that they're a goof and treat me well. I firmly believe physical types are about getting a re-do with whoever it was that started the trend. "If only they were a little more like this or if I didn't screw that up." 🤷🏻‍♀️ Like you imprinted on them.
  • CacoEther
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

I guess I just assume it based on my absolute and utter lack of knowledge of what they might like. Mostly because I assume people are attracted to people who are similar to them or share similar interests.

For example the vegan dude with the man bun who is legit delicious but with whom I have nothing in common and therefore I assume he’d not be attracted to me or my type

Or the Korean pharmacist who is possibly the most beautiful and perfect human I’ve ever laid eyes on, he’s not in the market for a bland blonde

Or the scarred and tattooed partial amputee with pain in his eyes and a veiled soul, he is looking for someone who can understand honest to god suffering, i mean he’d be like the raccoon and i’d be the cotton candy he’s trying to rinse off in the lake, no substance for a man like that

Maybe i assume too much but i honestly doubt it
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    I used to have a definite type looks-wise but now I am more attracted to the energy and depth of a man - how he carries himself, his intelligence and wit, drive and ambition, empathy and kindness etc...

@ghudson92

Drat.

Intelligence, wit, energy, depth, drive, kindness, empathy and ambition ??

...... anything else ?

Would you just settle for marginal intelligence and simply overlook all the rest ?
  • CacoEther
    Options
    KickTheSky wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »

I told her straight up I was attracted to her and she still thought I was telling a fart joke

And i still don’t get the punch line
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    ghudson92 wrote: »

@ghudson92

Drat.

Intelligence, wit, energy, depth, drive, kindness, empathy and ambition ??

...... anything else ?

Would you just settle for marginal intelligence and simply overlook all the rest ?

Did I not tell you you're my mfp husband? Don't sweat it boo
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a type. If he makes me feel good (mentally) and makes me laugh i'm sure he could fit in my box. 🙊
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    It's all about them vibezzzz...