Can't get in my kcal

Hi, I'm tryna to gain weight not so much and slowly, currently strength training with my main focus on glute training. My diets is fairly healthy. Using a kcal calculator I figured I should get about 1700 kcal. But because I want to gain mass I'm trying to consume 200-300 extra. However eating healthy has made it difficult for me to consume the 2000 kcal I need. I used to be able to crazy amounts (unhealthy foods) before my healthy eating began but now I just don't have the appetite for it. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thankyou

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    2 cups oat or dairy milk.
    2 scoops protein
    1 banana
    1 cup oats
    3 tablespoons of peanut butter.
    1 cup kale or spinach
    Drink that every day and eat the remainder of your 1000-1100 cals in whole foods.

Sorry but If you need to go to bed feeling like you're going to vomit then that's what you need to do.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    I've put on 21.5lbs in 7 weeks. Some is obviously water retention. However I went from 191 to a consistent 212.5. And I've got 12lbs to go in the next 9 weeks.

This is gunna sound mean. But sometimes you just gotta suck it up and choke back those last few bites. I've spent more effort eating than I have at the gym.

If it was easy everyone would be a built person
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    200 - 300 cals is half a decent sandwich. What is actually stopping you from adding what is effectively a snack into your day?

Perhaps you can explain what foods you regard as unhealthy and why?

(Maybe it was the "crazy amoumts" rather than the food itself that was the problem.)
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    As long as your getting enough protein
    Just add a small chocolate bar to your daily
    Diet, tasty and not particularly filling
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    What helps me when trying to get in the cals: high calorie smoothies, calorie dense high fat food like nut butters, granola, avocado. Carbs like pasta, bread, bagels, noodles, dried fruit, juices, jams, syrups.

At the end if the day once you hit your macros minimums nothing wrong with some ice cream or treats to round out your day