September 2020 Biking Cycling Bicycling Bike/ Bicycle/Unicycle/Tricycle Challenge!

Machka9
Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
If you are new to posting on this thread, or if you are new to cycling, we welcome you! If you are returning from a previous thread, we welcome you, too.

This thread is for anyone who rides a bicycle ... or unicycle, tricycle, tandem, etc.

Do you bike to work? Do you pull your children to the park? So you ride weekends? Do you spin at home or in the gym? Is Zwift your thing? Do you race crits, ironman, or centuries? Or, are you just starting out and remembering how much fun you had biking when you were a kid? However you choose to push your pedal, you are welcome on this thread.

There's no set challenge across participants - this is a mixed-ability / mixed-experience / everyone welcome group.
Just pick your own target that you want to achieve this month, post that when you join the thread, and post updates throughout the month as you're working towards your target.

Given the current situation many of us will be cycling solo or indoors ... share your accomplishments with us. :)

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47i21ajxxso3hshuhxhmkprstmzg412nm7vdgdy20x&rid=giphy.gif

(BTW - Thanks to @CricketKate for starting all this back in 2012)

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    In for September - goal is to ride 5 days a week, with a goal of 325 miles total for the month.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,294 Member
    Goal is 3 times a week for 250 in September...
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Goal of 300 miles for the month. Cant give a weekly ride number, just gonna wing it.
  • TakeTheLongWayHome
    TakeTheLongWayHome Posts: 816 Member
    Gonna shoot for 350 miles🚴🏻‍♂️🤘🏼
  • ccrdragon
    9/1:
    Morning ride - 18.45 miles
    Monthly total - 18.45 miles
    Goal - 325 - miles left - 306.55

Muggy, hot (86 at 6:30 in the morning) and headwinds... but still a good ride!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Goals:
    Strava climbing challenge (7500m) which I wimped out of last month following bad weather.
    More drive / rides to explore further afield.
    Keep pushing my long ride distance up.
    I don't really have a total mileage goal but looking for 30+ hours of riding.
  • 10.6 mile before dinner quick ride today
    14.6 mph🚴🏻‍♂️🤘🏼
  • honeyrobin20
    honeyrobin20 Posts: 12 Member
    Consistent 5 miles rides. Just made it to 4.5 miles. Finish my current virtual race early, and do 2 more in single workouts (6 miles ea).
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    I'm in again!
    I just bought a Garmin Vivosport, and looked at the "challenges" the Garmin app offers. The cycling ones it's showing me are "200km cycling" and "16 hours of cycling". So I'll make those my goals for the month. I'm not sure if I can hit the 16 hours, but we'll see!

Tue, 9/1/2020 - 23.5km commute (80min)
  • honeyrobin20
    honeyrobin20 Posts: 12 Member
    Just shy of Monday's workout. 4.47 miles today.

Month total: 4.47
  • 19.4 mile evening ride
    Couldn’t have asked for a much nicer evening to ride. 🚴🏻‍♂️🤘🏼
    13.9 mph
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    - 31.3 miles on September 1
    - 31.28 miles today before work, then 12.49 miles commute to work.
    I got on the waiting list for professional bike fitting. While I'm waiting, i am shifting my riding position to sit farther back for a better support of sit bones. I can't move the saddle back any farther, so this is my options for now. It seems to be helping, i ride at least 5 times a week with not much issues. Only problem is, they are short rides, just over 30 miles. I got one in that was 42 mi, but longer ride needed to tell if it's not the saddle that's causing it but rather a position of it. Plan is to ride 60 on Friday, if not then on the weekend.
  • girish0279
    girish0279 Posts: 34 Member
    I am in, I do cycling workouts. Want to be consistent hence joining this forum
    My Goal is daily Cycling or atleast 5 days a week. Will start from tomorrow :)
    9/1- No ride
    9/2- No ride
    9/3- No ride
    9/4-
  • pridesabtch
    Goal is 3 times a week for 250 in September...

9/3: 10.7 miles 35 min Peleton
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    Turbo on Wednesday (2x30 at FTP - ouch!) and today, but I got out for a proper ride last night. A couple of hours, the first 90 minutes or so was fairly easy but I bumped into my OH on the way back home and he dragged me up a hill about a minute faster than I've ever done it before (I reduced my best time up it from 7.48 to 6.54!). Turbo again tomorrow then I have my first open race of the season on Sunday.
  • kcjchang
    kcjchang Posts: 709 Member
    Still mulling over whether or not to do this challenge, https://planetultra.com/everesting-challenge/. It'll be mostly to help keep the outfit afloat during these trying times. I know I'll never be able to do an actual Everest and hate to have the jersey sitting in the closet collecting dust.

Date: Duration / Distance / Elev. Gain/ NP / Work
    9/01: 1:10:23 / 22.426 / 301 / 179 / 707
    9/02: 1:47:42 / 29.041 / 1,778 / 178 / 1,061
    9/04: 1:43:46 / 36.488 / 95 / 170 / 1,052
  • ccrdragon
    9/4:
    Thunderstorms finally cleared out, got a 21.7 mile ride in this morning.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    Goals:
    Strava climbing challenge (7500m) which I wimped out of last month following bad weather.
    More drive / rides to explore further afield.
    Keep pushing my long ride distance up.
    I don't really have a total mileage goal but looking for 30+ hours of riding.

Managed the "more drive / rides" bit but not further afield.
    One was simply because I was in the vicinity of a good training hill for repeats and saved me junk miles going there and back.
    Today's drive/ride didn't go as planned. Should have been a long loop from historic Windsor but traffic was so awful I'm pretty sure I could have averaged a higher speed cycling than I was managing on a motorway in my car!
    Pulled off and detoured to a 10 mile TT circuit I haven't done for a while.
    Pleased with the outcome as a got a course PR with good power and speed and at a very comfortable heartrate.

Left the bike in the car just in case the weather holds tomorrow.........
  • 2abgvdaihkl2.png
    Goal is to beat last month
  • pridesabtch
    Goal is 3 times a week for 250 in September..

9/3: 10.7 miles 35 min Peleton
    9/5: 36.3 miles & 2 bars. Social pace.