Starting Over: 15+ pounds to lose - Daily Check In

Day One:

CW - 151.6
GW - 135

Well, here I go again. I turned 49 last month and burning a single calorie has been a challenge. Same old perimenopausal story. My age, quarantine, losing my Dad right before the lockdown, having to sell his house and trying to teach from my dining room table was a recipe for disaster. It brought me to rock bottom.

Rock bottom in my honest opinion?: Being only 5 pounds lighter than I was right before I gave birth to my daughter 16 years ago. That's ridiculous.

Then - here comes summer and more of the usual get togethers (small, socially distanced bbqs) and cocktails. Social distancing doesn't affect what's on the menu and how much we eat, huh?

Thinner is only part of the equation. I want to get healthy. I want to go back to eating more than my share of fruits and veggies, drinking more than my share of water. I want to go back to exercising regularly and getting some muscle mass back.

I want to use this as my daily journal. I'm crossing my fingers it works this time for me. By "works" - I mean that I stick to it. Like most full time working Moms - I'm overwhelmed and stressed all the time and I get little help.

Teaching this September from my classroom may help. The kids won't be in....we will be virtual, but the teachers were given the option. I opted to return and do my remote teaching from my classroom. I desperately need routine.

*Today's goals:
96 ounces of water
Logging all food
5+ servings of fruit/veggies

Thanks for reading,
Kim

Replies

• CheerMom715
    CheerMom715 Posts: 37 Member
    Day Two:

SW: 151.6
    CW: 150.8
    GW: 135

So, yesterday went pretty okay. I logged everything, fell slightly short of my water goal...but I did log all my food. I didn't get a deficit yesterday - but I was able to see how many calories I was eating on an average "good day". That will help me make tweaks.

Going to break out the dumbbells and get back on the treadmill - I hope to start tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Today, we are celebrating my husband's 50th again. It shouldn't be too bad of a food day - since I have to stay gluten free so I can't eat most of the goodies - just the gluten free food I ordered for myself.

So...baby steps, I guess.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    I have hit a 10 year high. I know the first bit will be easy to lose since it came on Fast. August was kind of a write off. Not much for exercising and eating like CRAP. Going to try to be strict with eating then taking the September long weekend off. Then it’s hard core September 7. Can’tbelieve I let myself get to here. Have 25 lbs I would love to lose. Just need to stay focused. And not just jump back hard into things. Will start this week with walking and some abs.

We are pretty similar. My weight before August was 155 ish. I have climbed to 165. Goal weight is 140 and toned. I am 43.
  • CheerMom715
    I know...and staying focused in these times is proving impossible.

We have to be able to do this...this never used to be so tough...my whole life....

Okay, then 9/7 - it's ON! lololol

Kim
  • CheerMom715
    CW: 150.8

So I got on the treadmill this morning....30 minutes of uphill walking at 3.5. I've already gotten in 32oz of water and my smoothie breakfast had 11g of fiber which is awesome.

My Fitbit shows more than 4,000 steps logged and it's not even noon.

September arriving revitalized me. I'm a teacher and just talking to a colleague making virtual learning plans blasted me out of my funk. And trust me, I'm a lover of the summer....Labor Day usually depresses me, but this year I'm looking forward to the Fall. Well, because 2020.

Hopefully the rest of the day will be healthy and productive.

Kim

• renaegry
    Yesterday was a good day. Got in my steps. Went for a 6 km walk in the evening. Went Over cals but not by much. Today’s plan is hopefully another walk and 10 min abs off of Fitbit coach.

SW 165 must have been retaining water yesterday
    CW 162
    GW 140
  • CheerMom715
    Sounds like my day! Got my steps and water in but went over cals. Not by much...

I'm remembering how much pre-logging meals helped. If I did that today, I wouldn't have stuffed my face so much at dinner. LOL
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Hi, I would love to join. Need a little support (or a lot) to get over this stall. Have issues with doing well all day and then getting anxious at night after dinner. One of teens is playing video games instead of homework, and it just really ticks me off. Can't turn off internet because the other needs for assignments.

SW: 152
    CW: 145.5
    GW: 132
  • kristinajeang
    kristinajeang Posts: 63 Member
    Hey! I'll join in too!

SW - 245
    CW - 217.5
    GW - 155

I just had my second child in June, so really looking to get healthy and in good shape. I've been doing good so far, but I can feel my motivation faltering a bit, so a daily check-in might be nice! My hardest obstacle to overcome right now is that I just started back at work last Friday after my maternity leave ended. So in some ways it is easier (I have lunches designated for working out on M/W/F), but it is harder when it comes to meal planning, making lunches, etc. I have to make sure not to fall into the trap of convenience for things like *fast* meals that are either fast food or unhealthy. It also adds buckets of stress, which I am/was an emotional and stress eater. Trying to change my habits and lifestyle to make better choices and find better coping mechanisms than eating.

Today I packed a salad for lunch and am planning on doing week 1 day 3 of C25k, hoping to make it another 2 miles like I did on my last run!
  • CheerMom715
    CW: 149.0 - (shows how much bloat I was carrying from vacation)

Hi Guys! Congratulations on the baby Kristina!

Awesome. It's so difficult to get it together with this weight stuff. It's not like we don't have enough to do as women. Add to that the virtual learning/teaching and the stress is through the roof!!! I'm a teacher and this remote teaching is awful, in my honest opinion. So stressful. Add to that the fact that my school district is making us use a completely different learning platform for September (that none of us knows how to use) and it's recipe for sitting with a gallon of ice cream on the couch!

I got my 10,000 steps in yesterday because I got on the treadmill. I have to carve that time in for myself every day. That's my biggest problem. Meal planning is a real effort, but I have to do that anyway because I have to stay away from gluten completely. So I always have to be conscious of what I eat, and that eliminates some quick grabs for me. Which is a good thing in some ways I guess.

So....goal today
    1) Get those 10,000 steps
    2) Drink 96oz water
    3) Have a calorie deficit (this has eluded me so far)
    4) Upload a picture. I'm sick of that little avatar. lol

Have a great day!
    Kim
  • renaegry
    Welcome.

Got my steps in yesterday. Did 3.2 miles on the treadmill. Did a brisk walk at 3.6 at 2 incline. Watch Netflix while I on it. Time passes quickly.
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 495 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hi all! I’m My name is Michelle, from Texas but living far away in The Netherlands ( I miss Texas, y’all!)! I’m 44 and have been with my hubs for 20 years (married 17), we have to sons 14 & 15. I’ve been here for quite a while, started with WW before that, managed with time and hard lessons to get to my best weight ever about 5 years ago, managed to maintain all this time... then we decided to move, I injured my back, my dad go sick and passed away, and top it with CoVid... I was meant to gain some 15lbs in the last 6 months of isolation. Plus everything came crashing down, Hehe.

A month ago I decided I couldn’t let it continue. So I started logging again and exercising! I’ve lost 6lbs of the 15 so I’m happy, I stalled this week, but I’m ok with it. My lessons with weight loss is to be graceful and kind to myself, weight loss is not linear, it tests our patience and dedication, so I take it in stride.

I had three goood weeks, then TOM hit, and now I’ve been feeling off physically since Monday, so no exercising for me since (calories have been more on maintenance than loss) and that’s ok, I needed to let my body deal with whatever it’s dealing. But, I acknowledge that it’s be easy to stay in a funk longer, hence me joining you girls!!! We can do this, and when we hit a bump on the road, we share, we cheer and we give each other grace!

SW: 158
    CW: 152.8
    GW: 145 (143)

tskyf5g7iqyn.jpeg
  • CheerMom715
    Day 6:

CW: 148.8. ( I assume I'm still dropping bloat. That's a lot of bloat.)
    GW 135

Today was another day of virtual staff development for the teachers in my district.

Otherwise known as the portal of hell.

I did manage to get my 30 mins on the treadmill before it started and have been logging and getting my water in.

I have to start winding down better at night. It's been hard getting back on a sleeping schedule, but I'm trying.

So:
    1) I didn't get my 10,000 steps yesterday (about 6,500)
    2) I didn't upload of pic. lol
    3) I DID get my water in...and
    4) ATE AT A DEFICIT YESTERDAY! whoooo hooooo

Even better I got all my fiber in - which helps when healing a harmed Celiac gut.

Keep trucking along, girls!

Kim
  • CheerMom715
    NadiaMayl wrote: »
    Hi all! I’m My name is Michelle, from Texas but living far away in The Netherlands ( I miss Texas, y’all!)! I’m 44 and have been with my hubs for 20 years (married 17), we have to sons 14 & 15. I’ve been here for quite a while, started with WW before that, managed with time and hard lessons to get to my best weight ever about 5 years ago, managed to maintain all this time... then we decided to move, I injured my back, my dad go sick and passed away, and top it with CoVid... I was meant to gain some 15lbs in the last 6 months of isolation. Plus everything came crashing down, Hehe.quote]

So many similarities, Michelle. I'm married for almost 18 years and together with my husband 20 years. We have a 16 year old daughter. My father passed away just before the CoVid lockdown hit. Recipe for disaster for diet purposes.

It's been a difficult year, for sure. Now we have to take time for ourselves for self care.

<3

• starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Hi CheerMom and others, maybe we can try .5 lb goals each week. The last 15/regain 15 is so hard to lose because it seems like a cheat meal or weekend won't really make a big difference overall. But, it does. There will always be a birthday, wedding, holiday or a stressful/low activity day that gets the eating going off track. But, if we do manageable small goals, it may be easier. I'm trying to hit 144.5 again after a weekend wedding where I bounced back up to 146. It was fun, but I still want to reach my mini-goal!! Now, I just need to get through labor day weekend lol.
  • atty2de
    atty2de Posts: 11 Member
    I started August 1

SW 150
    CW 144.8
    GW 143.4 and when I hut that my new goal will be 137. Baby steps.

I am 5’2” and have not been over my calorie allotment on any day. 5 days a week I walk between 4.2 and 4.5 miles. Daily weight loss has not been consistent (I spiked the other day but it came back down) but I’m not giving up.
  • CheerMom715
    We definitely have to take it slow. The last 15 pounds is definitely the hardest to lose.

Now that the holiday weekend is here....it's going to be difficult to stay on track:

I didn't post yesterday, but I did log all of my food.
    I logged all my food, but I didn't eat at a deficit.
    I DID however get in 12,000 steps, drank all my water.....so.....I'll take it.

I didn't weigh myself this morning - so, I'll wait until tomorrow first thing.

Just keep logging everything you eat this weekend and get your activity and water in.

We may not have a banner weekend on this thing but we can avoid totally ruining our progress!

Talk soon ,
    Kim
  • atty2de
    atty2de Posts: 11 Member
    SW 150
    CW 144.4
    GW 143.4 and when I hut that my new goal will be 137. Baby steps

Since I posted 3 days ago I spiked but as of today I’m down again. I really, truly believe walking and logging has been the trick.

• renaegry
    Good evening all. Today is getting back on track. Summer camping is over. Kids are back to school tomorrow. Have a good 20-25 lbs to lose. Gained a good 10 lbs this last month. Totally fell apart with drinking at the lake and food. Head is in it. Time to make some progress. Tomorrow’s goal is to stay within calories. Drink my water and get in my steps.
  • Pastor_Quill
    Pastor_Quill Posts: 6 Member
    I have lost 38 pounds so far. I want to lose 50 more... once again. I feel like I am a yo-yo
  • CheerMom715
    CW: 150.2

Hey Everyone:

Trying to get back on track myself. Labor Day weekend really made that difficult. (Especially Sunday!)

What a difference a day makes!

Back to work today for the first time in 6 months. I am remote teaching from the classroom.....no kids.....super stressful but good to get out of the house.

We shall see how this all goes. So far today, I am on point with all but exercise.

Talk soon!