need dinner recipies

Options
okay so i need some healthy dinner recipes
we like chicken,lean ground meat or ground turkey.
we like pastas( i know they are not healthy but i can use wheat)
things i usually cook, baked chicken(on leg) with corn
lasagna with garlic bread,spaghetti, crawfish fettuccine

im trying to find things i can cook thats healthy and we can adapt to.
hubby and i dont like to many veggies, just things like corn,green beans,lettuce

any ideas would help, thanks

Replies

• hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    go to skinnytaste.com or crockpotgirls.com
    both have a ton of yummy recipes
  • mrsmotherof3
    mrsmotherof3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Meal 1
    TURKEY- BROCCOLI
    SLAW
    Apple Wedges
    (⅓ c balsamic vinegar)
    (2 T olive oil)
    (Natural sweetener Stevia® equivalent to 2 t sugar)
    (⅛ t salt)
    12 oz pkg broccoli slaw
    1.5-2.25 lbs cooked turkey, cubed
    1 ½ c seedless red grapes, halved
    2 carrots, coarsely shredded
    ¼ c slivered almonds
    (⅛ t black pepper)
    4-6 apples, cored & cut into wedges
    In screw-top jar, combine vinegar, oil, sugar
    & salt. Cover; shake well. In large bowl,
    combine broccoli slaw, turkey, grapes &
    carrots. Add dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle
    with almonds & pepper.
    Serve with apple wedges.
  • kk0223
    kk0223 Posts: 179
    Options
    I try not to fry foods but I love breaded porkchops and chiken. When I cook one of the two I dip it in egg then breadcrumbs (season breaadcrumbs with favorite spices. Then I spray butter in bottom of baking dish and put in oven for a few minutes before putting meat in and baking it. It kind of browns and makes the breading crunchy.

I'm not a veggie person either. I use wheat pasta when I cook pasta. I LOVE green beans. When I cook them I leave the juice from the can, spray 4 or 5 spritz from of spray butter and add salt and pepper and cook til juice is gone. It's so good. That's something I learned from my Grandma!

Wheat fettuccine, shrimp and olive oil, maybe? Sounds good to me. Just no white sauces.

A quick, somewhat healthy meal that I do for just myself sometimes is use whole grain bagels, put about a tablespoon of pizza/spaghetti sauce on each side, fat free cheese and canadian bacon and bake it to make mini pizzas. Yum.

When you make lasagna use lean ground beef and low fat ricotta (if you use that) or try making a chicken and spinage lasagne if you eat spinage.

If you eat fish you can try putting seafood breadcrumbs on it and doing the butter in the pan trick before baking it to make it crispy because personally I don't like baked fish but that kind of tricks your mouth.

Good luck and if you come up with any good ideas let me know cause I'm extremely picky and need ideas, also!
  • Slothzilla
    Options
    how about a pasta salad. I know you said less veggies, but maybe you like greek salad. You take the basics for a greek salad with red wine vinaigrette dressing -

cut up cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, green peppers, olives, etc - and add dressing - 3/4 cup of veg oil and 1/3 cup of red wine vinegar plus 1/2 tsp each of basil, oregano, salt n pep

but then add cooked pasta like rotini or fuscilli - 2 or 3 cups

you can substitute feta cheese with cheddar

it's great with baked fish of any type, or bbq [skinless] chicken, or just by itself

let it sit if you can, the pasta soaks up the dressing