bariatric surgery

Options
hi im due to go in soon for surgery, has anyone else had this done? how was your experience?:smile:

Replies

• EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    hi im due to go in soon for surgery, has anyone else had this done? how was your experience?:smile:

Have you been to obesityhelp.com That is the place to go for ALL info on WLS...they also have Message Boards...for every type of WLS. Anything you need about WLS is there, even after you lose the weight, Plastic Surgery...
  • Kirabelly
    Options
    I'm in the middle of the 6 month process my insurance requires. There are a LOT of people on here who've had WLS and a lot of people who think it's "cheating" (uninformed people) and get mad about it. The tools (food and exercise logs) here are GREAT! I have to lose 30-40lbs before surgery in December and it has been really helpful. Do you have a date yet?
  • andyloosbrock
    andyloosbrock Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Had it.
  • sharishar
    sharishar Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Had it done 2008
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Yes I had in 2006, was the right thing for me to do. I loss 185#'s, never got to goal but I am blessed to have loss that. It wasn't easy at 1st I had a major complication and at 1st I wished I never did it, but now looking back that was all in the healing process. Now I would say I will do it all over again. Look at my profile you can add me as a friend if you'd like...
  • rainbowflump
    Options
    hi yes my date is the 12th of sept, its due to another medical condition that i am having the surgery not because of my weight ive been over weight for 20 years, but my other medical condition they are hoping may be eased by this surgery,
  • roggernrogger
    Options
    These type of surgery have their side effects also. All body suits different things. I get benefit from surgery. I had LAP-BAND surgery. I lose my weight up to 40-50%. But I heard many of them who does not got any benefit. So thats why take advice from bariatric surgeon for that and then go for any surgery.

For more details visit: http://www.ebariatricsurgery.com/