Help with overeating! any suggestions?

Options
:ohwell: i have no problem exercising but i cant stop myself from overeating or eating all the crap i knw i shouldnt any suggestions?

Replies

• sparker04
    Options
    :ohwell: i have no problem exercising but i cant stop myself from overeating or eating all the crap i knw i shouldnt any suggestions?
  • sara1027
    sara1027 Posts: 59
    Options
    Try pre planning meals and snacks. Its also good to find something else to do when you want to over eat. I call my bestfriend and we talk till the urge passes.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I feel like eating when I'm bored, or depressed about how bored I feel - like today.

Instead of taking a second afternoon snack break, I am chewing some sugar-free gum. I hope that it holds me over for another 2 hours, when I can finally leave!
  • MelsaEstel
    MelsaEstel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I completely understand...although I haven't gotten used to the regular exercise yet, you are one step ahead of me!

First...throw out the bad stuff! If it isn't there, you won't eat it! Less temptation is better!

Second...try pre-planning meals. I log on and enter breakfast and dinner before I even think about lunch. That way I know how many calories I have to "spend" before I overdo lunch or dinner.

Third is hardest...be honest. Even if you give into every single temptation that you encounter, log it all. Then you can look at it, know what you ate, and you could even print it off and write how you felt after eating all of the junk. Hang it on your fridge or inside a cupboard to read the next time you feel like giving in to the hunger monster.

Just keep fighting. It's a hard process, but we can do it!
  • specialsong77
    specialsong77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options

I feel your pain. I do well all day when I am working then I get home at night and I tend to make terrible choices and eat way too late. let me know if anyone has a magic plan that can defeat the evening munchies and laziness...
  • amtish
    amtish Posts: 7
    Options
    It always help me when I am at home and I make dinner and when I make my plate, I put all of the left-overs away. So if I wanted more I would have to get everything back out. And instead of getting more, just start your disher or wipe off the counters or something. Go outside and get some fresh air - anything to help get your mind off of wanting more. Usually if I get to thinking about something else when I am wanting more, I lose all train of thought about it and I don't want it anymore.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Pre pack meals in smaller tupperware.
    Use smaller plates/bowls at meals.
    Make meals with TONS of veggies, so you "think" you're splurging, but really not.

Get rid of bad food, so if you do want it, you have to go out and get it.
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree with above posters. Don't have the food around. You can't exactly do a TON of damage if you binge on carrots or celery sticks.
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    I just dont buy it. I also know my trigger foods and stay away from them. I have healthier repacements that dont trigger me.

I freeze yogurt and eat it like a pop.

I have hot cocoa instead of a chocolate bar.

I buy a treat maybe every other week but its always something small so even if I do eat it all i wont do much damage. Last week I got a small thing of chocolate ice cream. It had 4 servings. I only had 1/2 a cup per day but if i had eaten the whole thing it would not have been that bad. I sometimes make my own ice cream too. That way if I want it i have to work for it :)

I also make my own baked potatoe chips and homemade dip. I know exactly whats in it and I just make enough for the moment. Its so much work that I ususally dont go back and make more.

I dont usually buy convenece foods. I have to make almost everything. This has cut back on a lot of mindless eating because of the work involved.

I just try and set myself up to win instead of having temptation around and then fighting with myself.

Keep working at it and you will find something that works for you:flowerforyou:
  • sparker04
    Options
    thank you so much ur sweet! good suggestions