motivational documentaries?

Options
Looks like a very stormy day today so I'll be stuck inside for a while. Any recommendations for motivational videos/movies to keep me from eating and watching depressing news shows? I have Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Not specifically motivational/inspirational, more entertaining: Midsomer Murders, Shakespeare & Hathaway, Death in Paradise, all lighter British cop/detective shows on Prime
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Usually when I watch motivational docs they are social justice oriented and inspire me to be a better person (so the topic is usually heavy), not feel good type docs. Here’s some I’ve “enjoyed” recently (all on Netflix or at least were):

13th - by Ava DuVernay
    Icarus - by Bryan Fogel (this one is not sad)
    Food Inc - by Robert Kenner (not sure if this is on Netflix)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Oo -- just thought of another series to binge on a grey day because the scenery is so interesting -- The Silk Road with Alfred de Montesquiou. A French guy going on the silk road route to amazing places like Bukara and Samarkand. It's in French but dubbed so well in English you don't care.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    Last night we watched "Starship Troopers" on Netflix and every time someone was maimed or killed we said "sucker" or "loser."*

We'd been watching "Hunters" on Prime but although the 70's bits have a "Kill Bill" feel, the Holocaust flashbacks were too grim for me to handle last night.

* I feel the need to disclaim that I am a veteran, this movie is SATIRE, anti-war and anti-fascist, and we were making these comments IRONICALLY.