frustrated!

Options
it's literally monsooning outside right now--i normally run outside, but this is just too extreme. So I went to the pool for open swim, and it was beyond packed. There was no way I was fitting in my swim. Now I'm frustrated & hungry--I want to eat more than I have cal wise and really want to keep exercising. I don't have a gym membership either. I'm going to get one but for the campus gyms I won't be able to do it today. I don't know what I can do--all I want to do is exercise right now and I'm at a loss for things to do..do aerobics or something (I don't have any dvds or anything?) in my room in my apartment and confuse the roommates? Any suggestions?!

Replies

• ACF2
    ACF2 Posts: 51
    Options
    go to the mall and walk or run-at least its got A/C
  • kelley_lynn
    kelley_lynn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Walking backwards and forwards across your room???
    cans or books in hand while doing it, will work your upper body

Have stairs near by??

just a few... i know
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    No workout DVDs?

YOUTUBE!!! :D
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Even doing sit ups, push-ups, non cardio type workouts in your room burn calories! Do you have a HRM?
  • MamaBear05
    MamaBear05 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    10 pushups
    10 tricep dips
    10 mountain climbers (with a 1-2-3, 1 count)
    10 burpees
    10 of any ab exercise you want

No rest between each exercise. Repeat 4-6 times with a 1 minute rest between each round.
    (and if you are really fit, do more than 10 of each)

Easy to do in a confined space and it really will get your heart rate up and burn calories.
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    do you have any links on youtube?
  • KristieGonzales
    Options
    I do Zumba! There are plenty of videos on YouTube that will make you sweat and get all that frustrated energy out. Try it, it's so fun :)
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I second the notion about burpees and mountain climbers. you could also try

-monguls: starting from plank position, jump your feet to the right side, as far as you can go, back to center, left, then back to center. That's 1.

-jumping squats and jumping lunges

-plank jacks - from the plank position jump your legs open, then closed again.

Hope this helps if youtube fails you. but honestly, when does youtube ever fail??? :)
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    push ups, squats, lunges, tricep dips, crunches in your lounge. squat jumps, skipping, star jumps, burpees, mountain climbers, shadow boxing.... dancing...
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    DANCE! Seriously, play your favorite music and just DANCE!
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Don't forget wall squats. Those are great.