Breastfeeding Mamas support

Options
Looking for breast-feeding Mamas to add for support and motivation. I’m 6 weeks postpartum and have gained 10 pounds since giving birth. BF makes me feel so hungry. Afraid to change anything in case it affects my supply. It’s like I know what I should be doing but what I’m doing now is working as far as supply so I’m afraid to change anything because at least at this moment I know he’s getting plenty of milk and this time is so short anyways. Idk. Just looking for pals who may be in the same situation. Please add me! 😊

Replies

• AlannaWulf
    AlannaWulf Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm a breastfeeding momma too! Almost 6 months postpartum and have now lost 15 pounds. Started with gaining too.
  • CB8504
    CB8504 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What was going on with you? Did you change your diet and exercise?
  • Lannypreston
    Lannypreston Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm second time mum to my little girl born beginning of May, exclusively breastfeeding. Have been using MFP since 1st July.
    Think I initially gained but didn't stand on scales post partum until I started with MFP. Didn't put on too much weight in pregnancy this time but my booking weight was 7kg heavier than when I first started trying to get pregnant.
    My first fed poorly and although I managed to EBF I had lots of problems with sub optimal weight gain of my little boy.
    I was absolutely paranoid about my milk supply but having added in 500cal as "breastfeeding exercise" and aim to hit at least 1800 a day (quite a lot of days I've been 1700-1800). Been trying to do more walking and two to three work outs a week.
    Last weigh in I was 9kg from my starting weight and 1kg above my goal weight (which is 1kg more than the amount i weighed when I got married)
    My little girl is putting on weight beautifully and my main issue is sleep deprivation.
    Would love some MFP BF friends
  • nikkibrianne64
    nikkibrianne64 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am About 1 week postpartum and would love to help support one another. How's your journey going?