Calories Burned and Food

Options
h3tpqjl0rqbb.png

Hi everyone I am burning 2,300-2,600 calories daily from my workouts. I am athlete but want to lose a few pounds of fat. I workout at least once a day sometimes twice. What do you all suggest I eat my calories at?

Replies

• selenenatalie
    selenenatalie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Also would my activity level be active or very active?!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Do you mean you're using 2,300-2,600 per day including your workouts or that you're burning 2,300-2,600 just through intentional exercise?

The screenshot seems to indicate that it's the former. Since that's what you're using for the whole day, you can use that to create your calorie goal (assuming you're confident that is what you're using most days).

I would take 250 from that 2,300 to create a moderate deficit that allows you to still have energy for your athletic activities.

2,300 would be considered "very active" for most people. In MFP terms, however, you don't base your activity level on your intentional exercise, but on your non-exercise activities.
  • selenenatalie
    Options
    2,300 is my daily calorie burn from activities like not working and excersices included!
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Apple Watch has my TDEE well above 2,200 a day. But my true TDEE is in the 1,800’s. Best thing to do is track and use your own data for maintenance & rate of loss to know.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

This might imply you are going to attempt to sync your Apple watch with Fitbit.

Forget it - Apple sends the wrong info to MFP to do math with.
    You'll get no credit for the extra daily activity you do, and no credit for workouts that are synced over.

Just look at your past 2 average normal weeks for your average daily burn.
    Subtract 250 which is reasonable for a few pounds - as explained by janejellyroll

Manually set your eating goal to that. Which means activity level doesn't matter.
    Do NOT log exercise on MFP, not that great of an exercise diary anyway.
    If you need friends list to see your workouts - just make a wall post.

If a rolling 2-3 week average daily burn changes, adjust your eating goal again.

That will allow you to follow talan79's advice about adjusting as need be from your own records.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    2,300 is my daily calorie burn from activities like not working and excersices included!

I still don't understand. It's the burn from "activities like not working" (sitting on the couch watching tv?) and also including exercise? So your total calorie burn for the whole day?
  • selenenatalie
    Options

I still don't understand. It's the burn from "activities like not working" (sitting on the couch watching tv?) and also including exercise? So your total calorie burn for the whole day?

Yes sorry I meant from both working out and daily activities that is my calories on my watch at the end of the day
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options

Your activity level should not include intentional exercise/working out